DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really starting to tick me off! I'm watchng the Chicago Bulls/ Rockets game in HD on Comcast Sports Net. It's the only channel I have that pixelates. Why does this happen?

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Ive noticed this lately too; the pixelation was horrible for about the past week and then last night, as soon as the Bulls game started, the problem corrected itself and went back to better quality. I checked again this morning and it looks better. Anyone know why this happens? I also notice the same problem, not as significant, on Chicago ABC, channel 7.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Is it "pixelizing", or it bright flashes...

DirecTV has been working with Comcast SportsNet, since basically it was launched trying to eliminate some of these issues.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
I've noticed the bright flashes too. However, the issue I am referring to is horrible pixelation/fuzziness making the program unwatchable - it was consistently there, not just during "fast motion". But, as soon the Bulls started last night, the problem corrected itself. The issue was similar to the poor HD Quality of ABC 7 Chicago, but much worse.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jhorwitz said:
I've noticed the bright flashes too. However, the issue I am referring to is horrible pixelation/fuzziness making the program unwatchable - it was consistently there, not just during "fast motion". But, as soon the Bulls started last night, the problem corrected itself. The issue was similar to the poor HD Quality of ABC 7 Chicago, but much worse.
Yes, I've noticed the bright flashes too...but, it is more so the pixelation. And yes, the motion shots were the worst, still shots seemed to have little or no problem. It lasted the entire game for me last night. I've seen the same thing on the other locals as well...2, 5, 7, 9. Again, all the other HD's are fine.

· AllStar
83 Posts
Out here in D.C. COMCAST Sportsnet HD also "brightflashes" during ALL Wizards/Capitols games from the Verizon Center(formerly MCI Center). Probably every 3-4 times the cameras follow the action down the floor and the tearms are under in the basket/goal area the darn "brightflash" appears. Almost never does it when the cameras are showing action around center court, always under the baskets. Have never watched a game when this DOESN'T happen, annoying as hell but it least it's in HD, still beats watching in SD.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
I would love to hear what is going on with Comcast Sportsnet Chicago HD. The picture quality is down right bad compared to pretty much every other channel I get from D* (the only ones close to being as bad are the local HD channels). It is unwatchable. The pixelation and flashes are horrible. I watch sports 95% of the time and now that baseball season starts tomorrow, I am fearfull that I am not going to be able to enjoy my Cubs in HD when they are on CSN Chicago. Does anyone have an update on what the problem is? How can the picture quality for one channel be so much worse than all the others? Which satelite does the feed come from and is it the MPEG4 or the regular old MPEG2? Bottom line, are they going to fix this crap or what!?!?!?!?!

· Hall Of Fame
2,085 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,161 Posts
dfunk said:
I would love to hear what is going on with Comcast Sportsnet Chicago HD. The picture quality is down right bad compared to pretty much every other channel I get from D* (the only ones close to being as bad are the local HD channels). It is unwatchable. The pixelation and flashes are horrible. I watch sports 95% of the time and now that baseball season starts tomorrow, I am fearfull that I am not going to be able to enjoy my Cubs in HD when they are on CSN Chicago. Does anyone have an update on what the problem is? How can the picture quality for one channel be so much worse than all the others? Which satelite does the feed come from and is it the MPEG4 or the regular old MPEG2? Bottom line, are they going to fix this crap or what!?!?!?!?!
Your very fortunate if you are watching the Cubs!!:lol: :D :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.