DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Legend
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just added a R-15 (300) about 2 weeks ago. I've noticed something that the D10 receiver we replaced did not have happen. When you have a dark or black screen, you can see lots of little white dots pixelating on and off. It's not like when you get a pixelated picture during rain fade. Just small white intermittent dots. Is this a known symptom of the R15?

· Banned
4,642 Posts
I just started noticing that on my HR10's. Particularly on Food Network. I haven't checked my R15 yet but I'm guessing it's more a problem with signal compression so DTV can fit a few more Home Shopping and Religious channels into the SD lineup.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
The issue I'm talking about is not real obvious. The time on Food Network when I saw it on one of my HR10's was during some vodka commercial (Grey Goose maybe) when all that was on the screen was the bottle with a black background. There were little white dots blinking over the black background. I've looks on other channels and it takes some effort to notice it.

· Cool Member
117 Posts
Could it be some other image source that is bleeding through and ghosting?

i.e. other components like a VCR, DVD w/tuner, cable, etc etc.

As an experiment disconnect everything else, unplug it. Just have the R15 and your TVm on and connected.

· Banned
4,642 Posts
So far I've noticed it on two different TVs connected to two different HR10's. One connected via component one via HDMI -> DVI. Same exact thing, just little white dots. Need to take a look yet on my R15 and other non-HD Tivos.

· Legend
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks... it's still there with other components unconnected. You really have to have a dark screen and pay close attention to see it, but like anything else, once you see it, your eyes fixate on it when you get a dark commercial or screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.