DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Directv. I have one set hooked up with HD and another with DVR. I get all of the premium channels. Just wondering what people think of Optimum Cablevision in Monmouth Cty NJ? I am thinking of switching over. I see I would gain some HD channels. But, lose other non-HD channels. Just curious if its worth to switch. I don't need to worry about the phone or internet deals.

Also, I got my dvr from Direct for free if I signed on for one year. I am about 5 months short of a year. But, about a year ago someone from Cablevision came by and offered a deal that they would pay any cancellation fees from canceling Direct. Anyone heard about this?

Are their any new channels coming to Directv soon?

Finally, I had cable about 5 years ago (before digital cable). And the reception wasn't the greatest and cable would go out every so often. Has this improved??

Thanks!

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,472 Posts
Jasen said:
yes there are coming but they will be added by xmas 2006
Yes, DirecTV will be adding more HD national channels, but they will not be added until sometime in mid to late 2007 at the earliest.

·
Legend
219 Posts
Hi neighbor. I think for HD, Cablevison will give you more channels and better options, but their local channel reception is poor. You also need to go online and compare the over all cost. Don't forget, since the state law to increase competition was approved, it opened the door for Verizon to offer better and more affordable FIOS.;) I currently have D but I don't plan to upgrade to HD until Verizon comes to my neighborhood, which should be reasonably soon. Their main video hub is under construction in Freehold and they have already wired up their trunk to Redbank. I guess patience is my strongest virtue.:D

Ian

·
Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I did a check of what channels each has....

Cablevision seems to have more HD channels.

But, they don't have the following channels that Directv does....
-PBS Sprout
-Lifetime Movie Network
-Fox Reality
-Fit Tv
-Turner Classic Movies
-TV Guide Channel
-Boomerang
-DIY Network
-Fox Movie Network

And their are different cablevisions for Monmouth. I am the one out of Asbury Park, Ocean Twp.

Does anyone know what HD channels Direct might be adding next year? Also, do they plan on anymore regular channels.

·
Legend
219 Posts
And their are different cablevisions for Monmouth. I am the one out of Asbury Park, Ocean Twp.
I'm in the same area. The Wall system covers this region and it is not all that great when it comes to OTA reception. When I had Dish I continued to use my cable for locals. Now that I have Direct, I also use my satellite for locals to get better sound and picture quality. Even with HD I seriously doubt Cablevision will provide much better service on locals.

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.