DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Directv. I have one set hooked up with HD and another with DVR. I get all of the premium channels. Just wondering what people think of Optimum Cablevision in Monmouth Cty NJ? I am thinking of switching over. I see I would gain some HD channels. But, lose other non-HD channels. Just curious if its worth to switch. I don't need to worry about the phone or internet deals.

Also, I got my dvr from Direct for free if I signed on for one year. I am about 5 months short of a year. But, about a year ago someone from Cablevision came by and offered a deal that they would pay any cancellation fees from canceling Direct. Anyone heard about this?

Are their any new channels coming to Directv soon?

Finally, I had cable about 5 years ago (before digital cable). And the reception wasn't the greatest and cable would go out every so often. Has this improved??

Thanks!

·
Legend
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I did a check of what channels each has....

Cablevision seems to have more HD channels.

But, they don't have the following channels that Directv does....
-PBS Sprout
-Lifetime Movie Network
-Fox Reality
-Fit Tv
-Turner Classic Movies
-TV Guide Channel
-Boomerang
-DIY Network
-Fox Movie Network

And their are different cablevisions for Monmouth. I am the one out of Asbury Park, Ocean Twp.

Does anyone know what HD channels Direct might be adding next year? Also, do they plan on anymore regular channels.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.