DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
219 Posts
Hi neighbor. I think for HD, Cablevison will give you more channels and better options, but their local channel reception is poor. You also need to go online and compare the over all cost. Don't forget, since the state law to increase competition was approved, it opened the door for Verizon to offer better and more affordable FIOS.;) I currently have D but I don't plan to upgrade to HD until Verizon comes to my neighborhood, which should be reasonably soon. Their main video hub is under construction in Freehold and they have already wired up their trunk to Redbank. I guess patience is my strongest virtue.:D

Ian

·
Legend
219 Posts
And their are different cablevisions for Monmouth. I am the one out of Asbury Park, Ocean Twp.
I'm in the same area. The Wall system covers this region and it is not all that great when it comes to OTA reception. When I had Dish I continued to use my cable for locals. Now that I have Direct, I also use my satellite for locals to get better sound and picture quality. Even with HD I seriously doubt Cablevision will provide much better service on locals.

Ian

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.