DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. Real nice site ya got here. I am hoping to get some of you to lend me a little of your expertise. I've never had sat TV before but have called up and ordered Dish Network to be installed in my new house next week. My problem is installation. My new house has a home run for the cable, where all the cables come together in a box in the closet. I want Dish in four rooms, but dont want to use the two tuner receivers because I don't want to run additional cable between the rooms. I am looking at a 622 in one room and 311s in the other three rooms. Can this be done? Can the actual dish handle four separate cable runs? Do I need to have the installers bring anything special to make this happen? Also, is the 311 a decent SD receiver? Thanks for putting up with noob questions.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,518 Posts
Yes, four runs can be done. The installer will bring the necessary equipment for the installation based on your order. My personal opinion is you'd be better off with the two tuner solution because it's cheaper, you get the DVR for every room and have fewer runs from the switch, but it's your house and money.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,498 Posts
Mrmabry,

Welcome! The two tuner receivers only need one (RG6) cable run from the switch. All that is required is that the installer use DishPro LNBs and install a DPP44 switch. At the back of the 622 a separator is installed and connected to each tuner. Since you are getting a 622 and three other receivers the installer should bring the LNBs and switch that I mentioned and you don't need to have them bring anything special.

I think that your decision to get 311 receivers is a BIG mistake. I would not get any receivers except DVRs. I would replace the three 311 with one or two 625s. The 625s can support two locations (as can the 622) so you really don't need four receivers. You could have just the 625 and the 622 for four rooms and be able to record from any room.

·
Legend
212 Posts
You wouldn't need to run additional cable between the rooms with the dual tuners. Your installer would use diplexers for the 2nd TVs and would do the diplexing in the closet cable box. The only aditional cables you would require would be the two feed lines from the dish into the box in the closet, which most likely would be run from the attic, if possible.

Two dual tuners would be a pretty standard install in this fashion and if you got the 622 and a 322, you could have DVR in two rooms instead of one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.