DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MGM have confirmed there plans for SG-1's future.

MGM has given a green light for the show's creators to produce two direct-to-DVD movies based on SG-1. Executive producer Brad Wright let TV Guide in on the news this week.

"It's the climax of the Ori story line," Wright said of the first film. The movie will tie up the loose ends from the show's tenth season, written and directed by current SG-1 executive producer and show-runner Robert C. Cooper.

The SG-1 cast is not signed for the movies yet, but are said to be "very eager" to continue.

Wright will pen the second film, which will involve time travel.

The producers have previously expressed a desire to set up a third Stargate television series with a film -- but it isn't confirmed yet whether or not this second movie will do just that.
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/10/istargate_sg-1i_movies_coming_to.shtml

·
Godfather
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So are you pleased with this outcome?

The third spin-off could be set in the past or future, what do you think of that?

Will Stars still be moving onto Atlantis?

Want to hear your views peeps!

·
Hall Of Fame
4,345 Posts
Ticks me off that we'll have to pay to see the Ori arc finished. It's not like Farscape where SF backed out of their 5th season commitment so they made "The Peacekeeper Wars" to wrap up the story.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,517 Posts
djlong said:
Ticks me off that we'll have to pay to see the Ori arc finished. It's not like Farscape where SF backed out of their 5th season commitment so they made "The Peacekeeper Wars" to wrap up the story.
Yeah. I also took the translation of '"It's the climax of the Ori story line," Wright said of the first film.' as meaning "We aren't going to be able to wrap up the Ori plot line in the remaining episodes in a way that is actually believable.

·
Legend
168 Posts
Well, contractually Sci-Fi Network owns the show's US TV rights, even if they cancelled it. so they essentially are blocking others from picking it up, or it even going into syndication with new episodes.

From what I am hearing they may fold some of Stargate SG-1 into Atlantis to bolster that show after these movies.

it's a shame they were not allowed to simply take the show elsewhere

·
8 Posts
Anything they do will take to much time. The cast isn't even completely on board with the movies yet? That to me sounds like forever. Knowing that SG-1 was winding down the Ori story line would have been better served up with Atlantis. It would have been a tough fit with the wraith and all but it still would have let them have enough time to develop the story line.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.