DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have swm 5LNB my question do I need 29v or 21v insert?? I have 21v that came with swm 3LNB which upgraded to swm 5LNB some local channels keep losing signals at 7:pM in the afternoon could that be possible with the power not supplying correctly??

Thank You all

·
Godfather
2,045 Posts
A swm lnb needs only the 21 volt power inserter, but can use the 29 volt model. The 29 volt one is used on the swm switches. Test it with a VOM when you are losing the channels. If you have a particularly long run to the dish, you may need to switch to the 29 volt one. Check all of your connections, and make sure there is a terminator on any open ports of a splitter. I'd be more suspicious of the lnb.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
tirofast said:
I have swm 5LNB my question do I need 29v or 21v insert?? I have 21v that came with swm 3LNB which upgraded to swm 5LNB some local channels keep losing signals at 7:pM in the afternoon could that be possible with the power not supplying correctly??

Thank You all
What are your satellite readings for signal strength on the 101, 110, 119, 99ca, 103ca and 103cb ?

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
studechip said:
It could be an alignment issue, but wouldn't that most likely be a problem all of the time?
Not necessarily. He could be in an area that is getting afternoon clouds and cutting a little bit down on a marginally aligned dish.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am getting above 90 on signal strength on all birds it just that at I can watch the local channels no problem until 7:pm and lose signal only on those local channel and their is not a cloud around the sky. I am guessing it could be the LNB problem???

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
Check your connectors, specially those outside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,446 Posts
tirofast said:
I am getting above 90 on signal strength on all birds it just that at I can watch the local channels no problem until 7:pm and lose signal only on those local channel and their is not a cloud around the sky. I am guessing it could be the LNB problem???
If you're not losing CONUS channels on the same bird it probably isn't the LNB.

If you were losing the CONUS channels as well, I'd be looking for condensation on the feed horn lens.

What error message (please be precise) are you getting when you attempt to view local channels after 19:00?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,446 Posts
tirofast said:
The local are HD channels that I am losing and the error code is 771 Searching for Satellite signal just as it hit 7:00 PM???
Are there any other channels that go away at 7:00pm? Have you run the signal strengths before and after as jimmie57 suggested.

If it is always at 7:00pm, do you have any recordings set for that time slot?

What your experiencing may appear rather extraordinary but their could be some pretty ordinary reasons (like too many tuners on a SWiM LNB).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.