DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get this consistently working.

I am watching a recording and stop watching part way through. Later I want to return to the recorded show and start at the place I left off.

It seems that whatever I do I end up starting from the beginning again.

What's the best way to stop a show I am watching and to return to it later and start at the same point.

Thanks

Tony
 

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
Joined
·
4,107 Posts
tonyoci said:
I am watching a recording and stop watching part way through. Later I want to return to the recorded show and start at the place I left off.

It seems that whatever I do I end up starting from the beginning again.
If you are in the first few seconds of a recording and exit, it should reset to the beginning. Otherwise it should remember there you left off unless you existed by turning off the HR20.

Would you try a couple of different ways to exit your recorded program that you are now playing back. Again, you need to be a couple of minutes in for this too work.

A. Press STOP
B. Pres PREV
C. Press Guide and then select a current program to watch.

In all cases, please go back to your program by pressing BACK.

How did this work?

This and a lot more are detailed in the:

New HR20 Tip & Tricks! Now with OTA Setup & Use.

They just are not a sticky thread at the top any more.

- Craig
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,019 Posts
Is this show recorded or currently recording?

If recorded, press PAUSE (not sure if that's necessary though), then LIST, BACK, or STOP. And when you go to start it again, it should remember where you left off.

If it's currently recording, do the same above if you aren't caught up to live. It should remember where you left off. If you are caught up to live, you need to jump back a few times so that you are not at live. So, I will press PAUSE, then JUMP BACK 4 times and then LIST, BACK, or STOP. Then it should remember where you left off.

Let me know if this isn't clear, or doesn't work.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes this was football that was currently recording.

I was watching the game, typically I press guide or Live TV to switch to something different, then when I return it started at the beginning again.

I tried STOP but that didn't work, maybe I need to pause.

I noticed that when I switched to another game, pressed PREV to go back to my original game (recording) it did start where I left off but maybe I paused first.

Thanks for the help.

Tony
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
34 Posts
tonyoci said:
Yes this was football that was currently recording.

I was watching the game, typically I press guide or Live TV to switch to something different, then when I return it started at the beginning again.

I tried STOP but that didn't work, maybe I need to pause.

I noticed that when I switched to another game, pressed PREV to go back to my original game (recording) it did start where I left off but maybe I paused first.

Thanks for the help.

Tony
press exit.
 

·
ke6cdn
Joined
·
424 Posts
tonyoci said:
I can't seem to get this consistently working.

I am watching a recording and stop watching part way through. Later I want to return to the recorded show and start at the place I left off.

It seems that whatever I do I end up starting from the beginning again.

What's the best way to stop a show I am watching and to return to it later and start at the same point.

Thanks

Tony
Here's another way:

1. Press pause, then green button, then pause again.
2. Exit recording.
3. To return to your bookmark, press menu then select the bookmark.

The HR20 should take you to the exact point that you exited the recording.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,019 Posts
tonyoci said:
Yes this was football that was currently recording.

I was watching the game, typically I press guide or Live TV to switch to something different, then when I return it started at the beginning again.

I tried STOP but that didn't work, maybe I need to pause.

I noticed that when I switched to another game, pressed PREV to go back to my original game (recording) it did start where I left off but maybe I paused first.

Thanks for the help.

Tony
When you catch up to live and want to switch to something else, hit PAUSE and then the Jump Back button (or instant replay, whatever it's called) a few times (I do four) and then when you go back to that recording it will remember your place. I posted in more detail about it here.

I did this several times yesterday while watching two football games (one at 1 pm and the other at 4 pm). I would start watching delayed and I would catch up to live. Since I can't stand watching commercials, I would pause it, do the jump back and watch something else that was recorded. I would then come back to the game and it would always start where I left it. I did this several times over the two games and it worked everytime. Hopefully they fix this bug in an upcoming release.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top