DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke to someone at E* yesterday and everything sounds great and I am ready to make the jump from D* to E* but I was confused about something he was saying. This CSR made it seem like I was only going to get one DVR with my installation for two TVs? Is that true. Do I share the same receiver with two TVs.

Right now with D* I have a 70 hour tivo based DVR and waiting for the install of a 250/50/30 HR20. That would give me a total of 320 hours possibly of recordings between the two TVs with a chance to record four shows at once between the two.

If I am only getting one receiver with the E* installation does that mean I can only record the two shows at once that the dual tuner is capable of.

Originally I was under the impression that my install would include a VIP622 and a standard DVR?

·
Mentor
36 Posts
That seems to be the common installation for two TVs. You would be able to record three shows at once if you have an OTA antenna installed. You could record two shows off the satellite tuners and one off the OTA antenna. The only real disadvantage I see with this set-up is that TV2 does not receive a true HD picture. It is downrezzed to SD. Also, TV2 does not receive stereo sound through the coax line used in a standard install.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,856 Posts
Mixer said:
Do I share the same receiver with two TVs.
All current Dish Network DVRs support two TVs. The second TV gets an SD (HD is down-converted) picture with MTS stereo sound.
Originally I was under the impression that my install would include a VIP622 and a standard DVR?
If you want a system like that, you need to tell them that you want a four-room system.

Other caveats:

o You need to make sure you have a phone line connected or you will be charged for an extra receiver
o A cable will be installed between the receiver and TV2, but it does not carry OTA signals. If you want OTA at TV2, you'll need to make additional provisions.
o Dish Network charges the $5.98 DVR fee for each DVR.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
harsh said:
.If you want a system like that, you need to tell them that you want a four-room system.
Right but then would I be commited to four receivers with a monthly charge on each?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,856 Posts
RWATTS said:
As I understood it, you don't get stereo sound through the coax cable with the standard install. Is that correct?
No. The TV2 output of the ViP622 is MTS stereo. The same is true of the 625.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,856 Posts
Mixer said:
Right but then would I be commited to four receivers with a monthly charge on each?
No. A four room system would be a ViP622 and a 625.

Fees would be on the order of $16.96/month for the two receivers.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for clearing that up.

harsh said:
No. A four room system would be a ViP622 and a 625.

Fees would be on the order of $16.96/month for the two receivers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.