DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
AllStar
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen this screen before? I had to Repeat Satellite Set-up because I lost 119. When I came to the end of the set-up, the screen looked like this.

Attachments

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
What software version are you running?

My guess, it is one of the "tucked" in screens... for a future feature....

·
AllStar
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No - it went on to downloading program information. I still don't have my 119 Odd Transponders. Service call set for Friday.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
Yes, I saw that screen too when I reset the sat. settings. Alas, nothing happens when I hit continue (tho I didn't try the network, I admit.)

Cheers,
Tom

·
Legend
191 Posts
dishnet520 said:
No - it went on to downloading program information. I still don't have my 119 Odd Transponders. Service call set for Friday.
im my past experiences missing odd or missing even xponders was a multiswitch problem. have the installer swap out the switch before he goes tearing into your box or dish. But the dish itself has a switch too, so thats not out of the question either.

·
Legend
218 Posts
dishnet520 said:
Remove your BBC's if you haven't already. I had the same issue and once I removed the BBC's everything was fine.

·
Godfather
336 Posts
Gmaxx said:
Remove your BBC's if you haven't already. I had the same issue and once I removed the BBC's everything was fine.
That worked for me also.

·
Icon
563 Posts
dishnet520 said:
Has anyone ever seen this screen before? I had to Repeat Satellite Set-up because I lost 119. When I came to the end of the set-up, the screen looked like this.
maybe its part of the VIIV donload that Intel announced back in September "before the end of the year"

·
Godfather
439 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Make sure you call DirecTV to get new ones. You'll need them next year.
I had to do this because I had a bad BBC and D* had to send me a new, unopened HR20. Supposedly they can't just order the BBC's and send them to you. I'm guessing you could get a service call for it as well.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
Blitz68 said:
How far off do you think home networking is? Remote access and such.
DirecTV has said that web scheduling is coming next year. But they also said that we'd have games on the HR20 in November, and VOD this month. Neither of those are happening, so take it with a grain of salt.

·
Godfather
271 Posts
dishnet520 said:
Did you have your unit connected to a live data connection on your home network when you reset the unit?

I would hope sooner than later, I would guess turning this on it would ease / speed updating the machines by shifting the bandwidth needed from the satellite to land lines.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
DblD_Indy said:
I would hope sooner than later, I would guess turning this on it would ease / speed updating the machines by shifting the bandwidth needed from the satellite to land lines.
I can't imagine they will move to updating the boxes over the Internet, at least not any time soon. There's no reason to, because they can't assume yet that every box will be connected, so they'll still have to send the updates down over the satellites anyway.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.