DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2Wire 1701HG Gateway wireless/wired modem as my connection to the SC/ATT DSL network. I used to be able to hang my Humax DVR's off the modem wirelessly with Netgear network cards (?) and they would talk to each other as well as with my wirelessly connected laptop.

Now I've replaced those with the HR20's. I realize the HR20's aren't going to be able to share with each other until we get Direct 2go, but can't I get pictures and music off of my laptop?

What add'l equipment will I need, eg. an ethernet wireless bridge as mentioned in other threads? Will the 2Wire be enough or will I need a separate router as well?

Will I also need some software such as Twonkey (also referenced in other threads)? I've downloaded it, but it seems premature until I have the DVR talking to the network....

Also, I assume I'll need 108, (only on 0xFA as of yet)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
You will need 0B or whatever the national release is oing to be called. You will also need a VIIV computer although a lot of people are working on getting this to work without a VIIV pc although not successfully in my opinion.

politzer said:
I have a 2Wire 1701HG Gateway wireless/wired modem as my connection to the SC/ATT DSL network. I used to be able to hang my Humax DVR's off the modem wirelessly with Netgear network cards (?) and they would talk to each other as well as with my wirelessly connected laptop.

Now I've replaced those with the HR20's. I realize the HR20's aren't going to be able to share with each other until we get Direct 2go, but can't I get pictures and music off of my laptop?

What add'l equipment will I need, eg. an ethernet wireless bridge as mentioned in other threads? Will the 2Wire be enough or will I need a separate router as well?

Will I also need some software such as Twonkey (also referenced in other threads)? I've downloaded it, but it seems premature until I have the DVR talking to the network....

Also, I assume I'll need 108, (only on 0xFA as of yet)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.