DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
205 Posts
Marvin said:
All of them have 5 GB caps a month.

Hardly enough to be downloading anything off DOD which is why I unhooked my HR20 off my network.
You may also want to put limitations on Hard Drive space when using Tversity. I use Verizon's Wireless's Broadband internet as my primary connectionl I checked my account online and discovered I used 8 gigs of data which obviously put me over the 5 gb cap. Come to find out, Tversity was downloading Podcasts from G4tv and National Geographic.

Luckily my bill for the month was the normal amount but I panicked for a couple of days.

I set the download cap within tversity to 600 megs.

·
Legend
205 Posts
vansmack said:
I was grandfathered in with Sprint (unlimited data) and use a Cradlepoint CTR-350 router to hardwire the HR-20 to the EVDO Modem for media share and DoD.

I've had this set up for 4 months now and Sprint has not contacted me about any over use. Maybe I've been lucky, maybe not, but it's been an extremely reliable setup.

I used Internet Connection Sharing for a while but the results were poor.
Interesting device. I may need to look into this router for I'm using Internet Connection sharing myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.