DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I've been searching through the forums and have seen a few posts on this topic, but I still have not been able to connect my HR21-700 to the Internet.

I have a Linkysys WRT54g wireless router that is WEP enabled.

I'm attempting to connect the DVR to a WGA54g wireless gaming adapter.

I've been successful using the gaming adapter when it is connected to a laptop (yes, the laptop's wireless card was shut off). But when I then connect it to the DVR, it can sense the network, but cannot connect to the Internet.

I've tried a few different settings suggested in posts I've seen but have had no luck. Is there a step by step guide available anywhere for this specific connection?

I appreciate any help provided!

·
Legend
188 Posts
:welcome_s Welcome to DBSTalk!

There is a wealth of information about all kinds of topics (including networking) in this forum.

Not quite like an up to date manual - but with the capabilities of our units advancing so quickly, this is pretty good.

good luck - and post back if these information resources don't get you going.

dd

·
Hall Of Fame
9,690 Posts
Nails77 said:
Hi all - I've been searching through the forums and have seen a few posts on this topic, but I still have not been able to connect my HR21-700 to the Internet.

I have a Linkysys WRT54g wireless router that is WEP enabled.

I'm attempting to connect the DVR to a WGA54g wireless gaming adapter.

I've been successful using the gaming adapter when it is connected to a laptop (yes, the laptop's wireless card was shut off). But when I then connect it to the DVR, it can sense the network, but cannot connect to the Internet.

I've tried a few different settings suggested in posts I've seen but have had no luck. Is there a step by step guide available anywhere for this specific connection?

I appreciate any help provided!
If your gaming adapter works with your laptop, it should work when plugging in to the HR2x.

I'd set a static IP address on the HR, using a mask of 255.255.255.0, and gateway is your router address, so is DNS.

Then test it. PM me if you have further problems.

·
11 Posts
Here is how I configured my Linksys WGA600N Gaming Adapter:

It works perfectly. I followed these instructions posted by a fellow member (I apologize for the plagiarism)

First, throw away the cd that comes with the game adaptor. Set your computers ip to 192.168.1.10. Leave subnet at 255.255.255.0 launch ie to 192.168.1.250. Type admin,admin. Setup the following:
Basic: Enable DHCP (Your router must also be in dhcp mode). Set your ssid,& security if you use it.
Advanced: turn off WISH and Game security.
Save setting at each change but don't reboot adaptor until you are done.
Finally, click on reboot. You will not be able to get back into adaptor now. (If you need to, reset and start over.)
Reset network to default on your hr21. Plug in adaptor and connect. If you still have problems, connect by wire to your router, reset hr21 to default network settings and click connect. You should not be connected. Unplug wired set up and plug back in your adaptor. DO NOT CLICK CONNECT AGAIN. Select On Demand and you should be set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.