DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am connecting adding a AV receiver to my TV and I am unable to make it work.
DIRECTV HR21/100 HDDVR
YAMAHA RX V377
SONY BRAVIA flat screen
Connecting the DVR HDMI to the YAMAHA AV HDMI INPUT
Connecting the AV out to the TV HDMI in on the TV
1. I get no picture except a pinkish screen
2. No sound except about 3 seconds of audio then silence

Additionally I connect DVD out to the AV in (red,green,blue) with the AV HDMI out to the TV
I get nothing. I'm no tech genius but I do understand basic electronic connections.
Any ideas or is the Yamaha defective.

·
Premium Member
11,292 Posts
Use the process of elimination. First try using different HDMI cables. There are several HDMI inputs/outputs on AVRs and TVs. Make sure you are using the correct ones (HR21 HDMI Out to Yamaha AVR Cable/Satellite HDMI In...Yamaha AVR HDMI Out to Sony Bravia HDMI In. If issue continues try bypassing your AVR and connect your HR21 directly to the Sony Bravia.

·
Broadcast Engineer
4,153 Posts
You may have to assign the correct source to the HDMI output on your AVR, something usually a little deep in the menus. That was the issue with mine, anyway. IOW, not every output automatically is connected to whatever input is seen at the AVR.

If it worked before, disregard, because that likely means it is assigned already. I would do a direct connect to the TV just to see if that narrows down where the issue is.

Some folks connect everything to the AVR and send that to the TV. Some connect everything to the TV, and send that to the AVR (less common). I send everything to HDMI switchers, and then from there to both the TV and the AVR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.