DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am told I am entitled to an equipment upgrade as I have had service policy for more than 2 years and have never requested an upgrade, Right now I am using an HR24-500 with a Fantom GreenDrive 2 TB USB 2.0/eSATA External Hard Drive (GD2000EU32) functioning via eSATA hookup. It has worked OK for several years. If I can convince DirecTV that they should provide me with a Genie upgrade .. will my current added external hard drive hook up to and work with the Genie the same as it does with the HR24-500? Will my existing recorded programming be playable on the Genie? If it won't I will probably NOT ask for the upgrade and will continue with the equipment and setup that I have. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Unless it was recorded OTA through an AM21, recorded programming will not work on any other DVR, including if your current one fails and it replaced, including another 24-500. You can add a Genie and keep your current DVR, though this will increase the monthly cost by $9 a month instead of just $3 (assuming you don't already pay the Whole Home DVR fee).

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
one day your HR24 will go south and you will loose all of your programing, why not just upgrade today ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hall Of Fame
2,763 Posts
P Smith said:
!devil12:[the questions coming each week, and same answers been given 1000 times ... why ppl can't read it? :shrug: ]
It's the guy's 1st post, probably 1st time here. He didn't see any of the 1000 answers.

Welcome aboard BossWolf, you'll find that most people here will be happy to answer you're questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.