DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Road Rage said:
1. Will the HR20 work without complaint if I never have a second cable for Tuner 2?
I think it will work fine. Hopefully someone else will chime in with more knowledge on this than I.

Road Rage said:
2. Will the HR20 allow me to watch a recorded program while recording another with only 1 tuner connected? The review I read made it seem like both tuners had to be connected to do this. I'm not concerned about recording 2 shows at once.
Yes, this should work assuming the HR20 isn't going to act weird with only 1 tuner getting a signal.

Road Rage said:
3. I've been with DirecTV since 1996 (just retired my old SAT-B1 two weeks ago) and I understand the move to the whole leasing idea compared to the good old days when I just went out and bought whatever hardware I wanted. Is there any benefit, price or otherwise, to me buying an HR20 from a retailer vs. calling up DTV?
Nope, you'll be leasing either way. Being a customer for so long you may be able to get a discount when ordering directly from D* over the phone; I'd try that option first.

Road Rage said:
4. I really don't want to have to fool with a DTV tech coming to my house to hook up an HR20 when I can do it myself, if I get it through DTV is this my only option or will they just ship it to me so I can do it myself?
I think if you already have the dish installed they may just ship you the receiver, but I'm not 100% certain.

Edit: As usual Earl has nothing to do at work and beats me to the punch ;)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.