DBSTalk Forum banner

x_y_of_z_posts

·
Banned
BRC 1G Internet, 2 Eero Pro 6... 2 Roku Ultra 4K , 1 Roku Premier 4K. Directv Stream Ultimate
x_posts
I feel exactly the same way as this above Author. I have tried Hulu with Live TV. Could not stand the layout or interface. Tried YouTube TV. Good price but lacked the content tht I truly wntd. So I have a really good pkg with DTV. Great guide and superb layout. Remote wrks great but btns not as intuitive as can be. Pressing the Google btn to ask for something with your voice doesn't always brng up what I want. Easier to type out in the search engine what I want. Wish that they would make Osprey accept the Hulu app. Wish that when u call customer service that they could say how much space is Osprey. !TB? I don't know and customer service won't say.

Just like the satellite dish but with out the weather issues, as much. Bad weather seems to affect the internet wherein I live. When we have high winds come through out region the internet often has issues than. Don't understand why...not totally, but wind issues throwing off the internet is still a whole better than a satellite dish covered in snow and more snow fall expected.

Jst wsh it weren't so very expensive.

Wouldn't it be nice if DirecTV gave everyone a break on their subscription for a few mths. Like say $20 off your bill for three mths? In the wake of sky high never seen before gas prices, and a 40 yr. high on groceries...wouldn't this be nice.

I know this will never happen. Just day dreaming now.
mmarlys :)

I now hve the Premier lvl of DTV Stream. I love it, for the most part. PQ is
I’m pretty lucky with my internet . Extremely stable and reliable. I have 2 Eero pro 6 and my house pretty small 1000 sq ft. So my coverage is excellent. It cost $110 a month for my GB and Eeros. I could drop my internet down to save money but 400 mbps is $60 and I’m sure that’s more than adequate. But I just haven’t.
But 1 time we had a bad amp at the end of my road that kept causing cut outs randomly and it took them 3 weeks to finally figure it out and isolate it . That sucked. But It definitely works during any weather without issues. Even power outages under 6 hours . After 6 hours I believe their battery back up runs out . Oh well
I see the Directv stream box’s have a more advanced remote, I’m assuming you can type the channel number in directly. That would be a nice feature. But definitely happy with Directv stream. Currently I get $15 off per month so I’m just under $81 with tax.

·
Banned
BRC 1G Internet, 2 Eero Pro 6... 2 Roku Ultra 4K , 1 Roku Premier 4K. Directv Stream Ultimate
x_posts
Yeah, it will depend solely on the channels we care about. I don't use OTA. I do have a Terabyte cap with Xfinity, not sure if we'd go over.
I have unlimited but 2 (sometimes 3 when my oldest is home from college) of us use average of 1.3 Tb per month total. I’ve had a high of 1600 and a low of 900 gbs monthly since 2019 since I started streaming only. When I had landline cable in 2017–19. I was averaging 350 gb per month. So it will go up significantly

·
Beware the Attack Basset
x_posts
Wish that when u call customer service that they could say how much space is Osprey. !TB? I don't know and customer service won't say.
Customer Service doesn't exist to support comparison shopping. There are much better (and more authoritative) resources for such information.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
x_posts
turns out $5/hr doesn't really encourage go-getterness ;)
I would imagine that most companies very actively discourage their Customer Service Representatives from engaging in off-script information dissemination. Goal number one is to get the customer off the phone and giving out tidbits of trivia is in direct conflict with that end.

·
Icon
x_posts
I would imagine that most companies very actively discourage their Customer Service Representatives from engaging in off-script information dissemination. Goal number one is to get the customer off the phone and giving out tidbits of trivia is in direct conflict with that end.
when I worked in tech support (and hated talking to customers lol) -- and this was in the 90's so the modem days -- our go to move to get customers off the phone was to just blame it on the firmware and PHYSICALLY mail them out new EPROMs (like I said 90s lol) and hope it either fixed the issue or they got someone else when they called back.

·
AllStar
x_posts
New DTV Stream customer having a problem deleting recordings not being deleted. I go into a group such as House Hunters has 20 recordings, as I delete items the recordings disappear and count decrements as it should but then when I go back to the whole list of recordings it shows 20 recordings for House Hunters, go back into the group and sure enough all 20 are in the group.

·
Registered
x_posts
New DTV Stream customer having a problem deleting recordings not being deleted. I go into a group such as House Hunters has 20 recordings, as I delete items the recordings disappear and count decrements as it should but then when I go back to the whole list of recordings it shows 20 recordings for House Hunters, go back into the group and sure enough all 20 are in the group.
There was a glitch with the DirecTV Stream a couple of nights ago that caused this. Should be fixed now.

If you're still having this problem, let us know what Streaming Device you're using. Try resetting it.

·
AllStar
x_posts
There was a glitch with the DirecTV Stream a couple of nights ago that caused this. Should be fixed now.

If you're still having this problem, let us know what Streaming Device you're using. Try resetting it.
Still having problem last night, it's a reconditioned DTV box I received from DTV a week ago.

·
Administrator
x_posts
Anyone who leaves at least one TV on all day every day with Stream have some real world monthly data stats?

·
Banned
x_posts
Anyone who leaves at least one TV on all day every day with Stream have some real world monthly data stats?
I mean thats hard to do , The Roku will shut off after 4 hours of inactivity and actually so do most tvs now days.
And honestly who can physically watch tv for 24 hours a day lol.
I get it would be interesting to see. But streaming for 8 hours a day x3 would give you the idea your looking for.

·
Banned
x_posts
This was total from last month, And last week .
I only have streaming services no. Cable or satellite tv.
Directv Stream for live tv.

m

·
Icon
x_posts
This was total from last month, And last week .
I only have streaming services no. Cable or satellite tv.
Directv Stream for live tv.
900GB? that's it? for a full time streamer? I usually do around 300-400GB a month with no streaming. Just work and daily browser usage. No gaming either. There are a few Youtube channels I watch, but thats the extent of my streaming.

Makes sense though. As an experiment, I once tried leaving on 8 Chrome windows open playing Youtube 4K nature videos for an hour and my daily usage that day was only like 50GB.

But 50GB x 30 = 1.5TB and that'd go over my data cap on Cox, but that'd be the equivalent of watching 4K for 8 hrs a day.

·
Banned
x_posts
900GB? that's it? for a full time streamer? I usually do around 300-400GB a month with no streaming. Makes sense though. As an experiment, I once tried leaving on 8 Chrome windows open playing Youtube 4K nature videos for an hour and my daily usage that day was only like 50GB.

But 50GB x 30 = 1.5TB and that'd go over my data cap on Cox, but that'd be the equivalent of watching 4K for 8 hrs a day.
That’s a lower month, Normally it’s 1.2 -1.3 TB a month for 2 of us. My highest month ever was 1.6TB . And that was before my 2nd daughter went off to college. I’ve been streaming only since February 2019. And I stream 4K sometimes but not majority of the time though because honestly it isn’t that much better to use that much extra data. That’s my opinion. Only so many Nature shows to watch over and over . And I tried NFL games in 4K from YouTube and Fubo and I was unimpressed. Good HD is more than adequate for streaming. Everyone is so hung up on 4K and yet the content that available is minimal.[/QUOTE]

·
Banned
x_posts
Just to add, My Cable company Top 3 plans are unlimited so I don’t really have those worries . But what I did as a new full time streamer is just monitored it and just made sure I stayed under my 50GB per day. And honestly It wasn’t that hard. What really racks up the data and download PS4 or Xbox updates or setting one up for the first time. That uses a lot at once . But online gaming itself uses like nothing. If I was you I would test it out with a cheaper live tv service like frndly or Philo and see what it would be like before you spend $70-$150 and find out 3 weeks in your out of data.
My cheapest unlimited data pack is 400mbps at $88 The plan I have is 1 GB it $120 but I also have to pay $10 for 2 Eero pro 6s. Which have been absolutely flawless. I never have reliability issues streaming.

x_y_of_z_posts