DBSTalk Forum banner
301 - 320 of 322 Posts

·
Legend
257 Posts
You can FF commercials with the DirecTV Stream Cloud DVR.
There is 15 sec forward and i think 8 back
So, how to you get to the 15 sec forward and 8 back? Is it the same IR signal that the Satellite DVR's used? I have that programmed into a URC remote.

You get CW on demand only
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So, how do you get CW on demand using the Directv stream box? Or for that matter, any on demand channels?

·
Banned
BRC 1G Internet, 2 Eero Pro 6... 2 Roku Ultra 4K , 1 Roku Premier 4K. Directv Stream Ultimate
290 Posts
So, how to you get to the 15 sec forward and 8 back? Is it the same IR signal that the Satellite DVR's used? I have that programmed into a URC remote.

So, how do you get CW on demand using the Directv stream box? Or for that matter, any on demand channels?

Attachments

·
Banned
BRC 1G Internet, 2 Eero Pro 6... 2 Roku Ultra 4K , 1 Roku Premier 4K. Directv Stream Ultimate
290 Posts

World Flat panel display Gadget Font Display device

Gadget Font Rectangle Material property Display device

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a very long time Direct TV customer. I have the genie system with 3 boxes for three rooms. I have 4K Apple TV where I stream HBO Max, Netflix, Prime, and Hulu. If I drop Direct Satellite and switch to their streaming service will I need to buy a Direct streaming box for DVR capability in each room? With the streaming box Apple TV will not be used with Direct, is that right? I mostly watch the news shows and sports and local TV with Direct and Apple TV for Netflix, etc for the rest for streaming. Is streaming any more complicated than watching satellite, I don't want to make it complicated for my wife. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
The general consensus seems to be Stream is best when used with the DirecTV Stream box/remote as it simplifies selecting channels as you can use the channel numbers as you did on Satellite. Using the app on Apple TV you will not have the option to use channel numbers. The DirecTV Stream box can also install those same apps and be used from there. Some users say it doesn't work as well on the DirectTV Stream box as a dedicated streaming box like the Apple TV. You can use the cloud DVR with or without the dedicated DirecTV Stream box.

·
Registered
36,648 Posts
I am a very long time Direct TV customer. I have the genie system with 3 boxes for three rooms. I have 4K Apple TV where I stream HBO Max, Netflix, Prime, and Hulu. If I drop Direct Satellite and switch to their streaming service will I need to buy a Direct streaming box for DVR capability in each room? With the streaming box Apple TV will not be used with Direct, is that right? I mostly watch the news shows and sports and local TV with Direct and Apple TV for Netflix, etc for the rest for streaming. Is streaming any more complicated than watching satellite, I don't want to make it complicated for my wife. Thanks
The streaming version is much easier to use, but there is a learning curve. If you're used to the sat version you shouldn't have any problems with the streaming version of D*. The remotes are different but they are more responsive than the satellite version's remotes. Using anything but a dedicated remote is a nightmare. Yeah, you can use the Apple remote but it doesn't have the features the Osprey remotes have. I didn't want to buy the boxes but it quickly became apparent that I needed them. You're concerned about complexity? The sat service is the more complicated service, streaming is much easier. The DVR function is so easy to use it's almost ridiculous.

Simply put, you won't be sorry if you make the switch. I never thought I'd give up my DVRs, all it took was a couple of days with the streaming service and the DVRs were disconnected.

There are some complaints I could make but it's a new service and it's gonna take some time to get all the little problems solved. I'm satisfied.

·
Legend
257 Posts
Hey Rich

I made the switch about 3 weeks ago. Moved to Florida and with the weather, didn't want to deal with the lost sat signal. My only dislike so far is the length of time recordings are saved. I liked to record a season of a new show and see if it "made" it before getting invested. Now I can't do that.

What are your complaints?

·
Registered
134 Posts
We have 3 tv's. Will the 3 DTV stream boxes connect via Wi-Fi, direct to the ATT gateway?
Question 2: Or need a Video Bridge, like I have for DTV satellite, for the other 2 tv's?

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
We have 3 tv's. Will the 3 DTV stream boxes connect via Wi-Fi, direct to the ATT gateway?
Question 2: Or need a Video Bridge, like I have for DTV satellite, for the other 2 tv's?
Yes they can connect wirelessly or via ethernet cable if you have them. No video bridge needed.

·
Registered
12,613 Posts
What is the PQ and Audio in streaming vs satellite 1080i? Dolby Digital? Is there an impovement?
Essentially the same as DirecTV Satellite. DirecTV just delivers whatever native resolution the networks provide. For HD channels, that's either 720p or 1080i. And DD5.1 audio is provided if the network delivers it.

·
Registered
36,648 Posts
Hey Rich

I made the switch about 3 weeks ago. Moved to Florida and with the weather, didn't want to deal with the lost sat signal. My only dislike so far is the length of time recordings are saved. I liked to record a season of a new show and see if it "made" it before getting invested. Now I can't do that.

What are your complaints?
The remote is annoying. While the performance is far better than I expected, the damn thing is too small and it has black buttons on a black remote. In a dark room, it's hard to see which buttons are which. If it were backlit as the old D* remotes are, with a button to turn the backlight on it would be much easier to use.

I have no issues with the length of time the recordings are kept; nine months isn't bad.

Aside from the remote, I think it's a much better service than the sat service. The DVR function is so easy to use it's almost ridiculous.

I can't get any of my sound systems to work with this setup, my AVRs and soundbars aren't recognized. I have to call and see if I can get some help with this.

All in all, I think it's great. A major upgrade to the satellite service. I tried it on a whim and after comparing a couple of baseball games I stopped using my DVRs. Totally.

·
1,322 Posts
Yeah definitely...if it exists which I have my doubt. 5,100 channels. Every PPV event, every sports package in season like Sunday Ticket, Extra Innings, world channels for every country on earth, every series ever made, and every movie you can think of, including current theatre showings. $25 - $35 per month. Yeah sure.
LOL the cops will be at his door :LOL: :D:oops:

301 - 320 of 322 Posts