DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted before about having to reboot my HR21 at least once a week. I seem to loose the signal on tuner 2 always and have to reboot to get ant channels to work. I also notice the signal strength is o on SAT 2 when this happens. I also noticed that when I am recording a show like last night I can still watch that show but nothing else shows up. Again it appears tuner 1 was recording the show. Is there a way to switch between tuners like on the older DVR? Are there any new software releases that may address this soon. I have had the dish looked at and it is in good position. I also notice that when I reboot that It gets stuck on the step 1 screen for a while before it goes to step 2 then it stops at 47% for a while before continuing with the download. I would say it can take 15 minutes just to reboot

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
drew64,

The behavior you're talking about seems similar to what happened to a friend of mine. He traced it back to a loose connection from the dish to the wire that went to tuner 2. If you swap the cables on the back of the DVR, do you still have low numbers on tuner 2, or do the low numbers move to tuner 1?

· Premium Member
36,659 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
drew64,

The behavior you're talking about seems similar to what happened to a friend of mine. He traced it back to a loose connection from the dish to the wire that went to tuner 2. If you swap the cables on the back of the DVR, do you still have low numbers on tuner 2, or do the low numbers move to tuner 1?
I went thru all that and 230 and 235 cleared all those issues up.

Rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.