DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to In-Stat/MDR, today's consumers of digital content are looking for a more "personalized" experience that allows them to customize and store vast amounts of digital video, music and data.

Many consumer electronics manufacturers have responded to the demand for greater storage capacity by turning to the magnetic hard disk drive, an option that meets their customers' desires for increased storage while maintaining reasonable product price points. Hard disk drives are now found in products like personal video recorders (PVRs), in video game consoles like Microsoft's Xbox, in portable digital music players like Apple's popular iPod, as well as in other products like digital audio jukeboxes and even TV sets.

According to In-Stat, worldwide unit shipments of PVRs are forecasted to increase from 1.2 million in 2001 to more than 6 million in 2003. Over the same period, PVR product revenues are forecasted to increase from $550 million to more than $2.3 billion.

In-Stat also said that satellite set-top boxes with integrated hard disk drives will continue to make up the bulk of PVR unit shipments, although cable set-top box-based PVR unit shipments are expected to grow rapidly over the next two years.

From SkyRetailer (Used with Permission)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,118 Posts
I wish Dish could make a receiver where we could record the songs we here on the CD channels and we could have our own little music collection to listen to whenever we want. That would be cool.

G

·
Originally posted by DBSOgre
I wish Dish could make a receiver where we could record the songs we here on the CD channels and we could have our own little music collection to listen to whenever we want. That would be cool.
Naw, if Charlie did that, then the RIAA would give Charlie a kick in the balls that he'd never forget.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,118 Posts
I think that would be a great idea, but it would be great if it could be made available to all new Dish Network receivers, INCLUDING DishPro 301 and the DishPVR.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.