DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else out there have problems with the temporary HD channels (xxx-1) not showing up on the HR21 or other older models? For instance right now I'm trying to watch the FA Cup game that is supposed to be on 621-1 and all I get is the DirecTV logo. Our other receiver is an HR22 and it's working fine on that one. I have had these problems for several years with the HR21 and previously HR20. Is there a technical glitch in some of these older receivers that doesn't recognize when one of these temp HD channels is "turned on".

For the technical people out there is there some part of the chain from the dish to my receiver that I should be checking? It's a very specific problem and I have never had issues with any channels except the temp HD channels. When this occurs I always submit a request to reauthorize my receiver and then I reset it. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's Saturday again and once again I'm not able to watch Fox Soccer Plus in HD on my HR21. Has nobody else ever had this problem with the temp HD channels? I have had it with 2 different receivers now so I can't believe I'm the only one.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,136 Posts
I don't see any reason why you'd have problems with an HR21 but not with a HR22. After all, the HR22 is a HR21 with a 500gb hd in it instead of a 250mb hd. If you think it might be related to the wiring the easiest way to get a good test is to swap the 2 boxes. If the HR21 works in the good location and the hr22 fails in the bad location then you know you've got some sort of wiring problem. If it follows the box then you know you do have some sort of receiver related problem.

·
MANC
1,510 Posts
Normally a wiring problem is going to cause issues on more than one channel.

It is working on mine today whereas last Saturday it wasn't. This weekend is a free preview for Fox Soccer Plus, however its part of my package. Good luck with that service call.

·
AllStar
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agree that a wiring issue would seem to affect more than one channel. It's specific to all of the temporary HD channels because I've had the problem with the Direct Kick package that uses those too. I went through all the troubleshooting with the tech and didn't get anywhere so now a service call.

I realized that I've never had a problem when I've tried recording something on the channel so maybe it's the coax feeding into one tuner that has the issue. Does anyone know if it always records on one tuner and has live tv on the other or is it random? I just switched which outlet each tuner was plugged into at the wall and now the channel is working fine. If I try to record something and it doesn't work then maybe I will have narrowed down the problem to the one coax.

·
MANC
1,510 Posts
It's random. Since you have a legacy system there could be a switch in the mix thats causing issues. The tech will likely figure it out. If not the next one will.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.