DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My contract is up in a couple of weeks. I called tonight to get the specific date and was connected to the resolutions department. Immediately, I was offered $199 worth of upgrades (either change my upstairs HD to an HD-DVR or switch to whole house DVR). Also, 6 months of Starz/Encore and Showtime. She went ahead and activated the movie channels without any other commitment.

Currently, I have an HD-DVR downstairs (HR20-100) and the HD reciever (no DVR) upstairs. So, what should I ask for? What is awesome but realistic? I've been a customer for about 7 years or so without any real complaints. Much of that was off-contract.

Thanks

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the movie channels didn't sway me, but I guess they are nice to have for a while. Provided there is anything on them I care to watch.

I'll check out the HR34 and see where I can get with that.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
I always figure the premiums are a very cheap and easy thing for DirecTV to throw at you. It's better than say, 3 months of Game Lounge, but usually they can do better.

I also assume their first offer isn't the best one.

·
7 Posts
How do you find out when your contract ends? I have been a member since 2007, but I bought (leased) a new receiver about 1.5 years ago. Do they automatically extend your contract when you make such a transaction?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,974 Posts
Oswald13 said:
How do you find out when your contract ends? I have been a member since 2007, but I bought (leased) a new receiver about 1.5 years ago. Do they automatically extend your contract when you make such a transaction?
Yes they do. You can call or email to find out when you 2 year agreement is up.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oswald13 said:
If you call, just say "contact expiration date" when the automated system prompts you for your call reason, you go quickly to the resolutions department.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.