DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a friend upgrade his house boat and have run into a particular challenge. Here's how it is currently set up....

Satellite feed runs to standard definition box in upper helm. From that point, it runs coax out to a splitter which feeds the televsion on the upper deck and the television downstairs in the master bedroom. (one box feeds two TV's in two different places) Direct distance from box to TV upstairs is roughly 15' - 20'. Direct distance from box to TV in master bed is approx. 40'-50'.

The goal is to be able to keep the box out of sight, stored in the helm, but to also be able to control the box in the master bedroom with a remote down there and to control the box from the upper deck with a separate remote that's up there. I'm not too versed in IR repeaters and the ones that I've found at the stores don't work that well. Running any new lines or cables is out of the question. Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Genius.
19,830 Posts
What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

·
Genius.
19,830 Posts
TVs should not be the problem since they are local. They wont need repeaters. The only device that need IR repeaters is the DIRECTV® receiver

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I realize that. My main thing, is how can be able to keep the box hidden up in the helm and be able to control it from in the bedroom and up on the roof top with two different remotes? Or is there a way to do that? Ideally he would like to keep a remote in the bedroom at all times as well as a remote up on the deck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.