DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am a newbie to Dish and am looking for some advice from you folks that actually own and use the system. I am helping a friend build a house and we have a bit of a unique setup in that we are installing a central equipment room upstairs in which all the electronics equipment will be stored.

We are going to have 4 High-def "Zones" in which we want to watch independant satellite channels. The house is wired with an infrared repeater system in all rooms and the main remote that will be able to control everything throughout the house is an MX-3000 that is tied into the IR repeater system.

My main concern is trying to control 4 different Dish receivers all in the same room, via IR. Do these receivers have assignable IR "channels" so that I can control them independantly? I have seen reference to remote "addresses" in the manual, but it usually is in context with the UHF remotes.

Also, are the component and HDMI outputs active simultaneously? For example, could I hook up my Projector via HDMI and my TV via component and watch the same HD picture on both simultaneously?

Sorry for the detailed technical questions on a first post but I've been on the phone for more than 4 hours over the course of the last 3 days talking to Dish and my local installer with no informative answer.

Thanks in advance,

Russell

·
Legend
117 Posts
hello russell -

this doesnt answer you questions - but i think there is something to think about as far as the distribution of the signals from the "central equipment room" - and that is the type of cables and their lengths to each of the HD sets.

also, i dont know if this of interest to you, but the 622 has an internal modulator that allows you to distribute SD signals from both tv1 and tv2 throught the regular rg6 cables. (HD signals from tv1 will appear as SD throughout the house)

and i am pretty sure that you can watch both the component and HDMI outputs at the same time.

good luck with the rest of the questions.

gil

QUOTE=trpltongue;740385]Hello all,

I am a newbie to Dish and am looking for some advice from you folks that actually own and use the system. I am helping a friend build a house and we have a bit of a unique setup in that we are installing a central equipment room upstairs in which all the electronics equipment will be stored.

We are going to have 4 High-def "Zones" in which we want to watch independant satellite channels. The house is wired with an infrared repeater system in all rooms and the main remote that will be able to control everything throughout the house is an MX-3000 that is tied into the IR repeater system.

My main concern is trying to control 4 different Dish receivers all in the same room, via IR. Do these receivers have assignable IR "channels" so that I can control them independantly? I have seen reference to remote "addresses" in the manual, but it usually is in context with the UHF remotes.

Also, are the component and HDMI outputs active simultaneously? For example, could I hook up my Projector via HDMI and my TV via component and watch the same HD picture on both simultaneously?

Sorry for the detailed technical questions on a first post but I've been on the phone for more than 4 hours over the course of the last 3 days talking to Dish and my local installer with no informative answer.

Thanks in advance,

Russell[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
trpltongue said:

My main concern is trying to control 4 different Dish receivers all in the same room, via IR. Do these receivers have assignable IR "channels" so that I can control them independantly? ...

Yes is the answer to both of your questions.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
trpltongue said:
Yes, you can do this. I, for example, have 3 Dish DVR's all in my living room, all being controlled from a single Harmony 880 remote.

Yes, all outputs are active at the same time.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response gil!

We have indeed thought very hard about how we will be routing signals, cables, etc. and have decided that the best way to accomplish what we want is via centralized equipment placement. We have already run at least 1 run of Component, audio, RG6QSx2, and 2 cat6 cables to each tv location and will be purchasing some HDMI connections to finish off the cabling. So no worries about connectivity :)

The biggest concern is controling it all with the home theater master MX-3000 remote via IR.

Russell

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops, I was premature on my reply. It seems Saltidawg and Rob were posting at the same time as myself.

So how does one setup the universal remote to the different "addresses" of the Dish receiver? I've only seen mention of the universal sat code 0775?

Also, is tuner2 controllable via IR on the 622?

Again,

Thanks all for the input.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
To program the Dish remote you just change the remote IR address to a new number. i.e. I have one on 1 another on 2 and the third on 3. Instructions for this are in the 622 manual.

As far as your universal remote, it depends on the remote. With my older MX remote I had to put it into learn mode and program each key for each remote address from a Dish remote.

For my Harmony 880 I was able to find Dish DVR remote codes for all 3 IR addresses, much easier.

Tuner 2, in Dual Mode, is UHF only if I'm not mistaken. In single mode the IR remote controls all outputs (TV1 and TV2) since they are all showing the same content.

·
Legend
156 Posts
Does anyone know the manufacturer of the 622? I am trying to get my new Receiver (SONY 5200) to control it. If nogo, I guess I w ill have to try the Harmony Beast, but would like to avoid that as the receiver remote works well for the 5200 and TV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.