DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
trpltongue said:
My main concern is trying to control 4 different Dish receivers all in the same room, via IR. Do these receivers have assignable IR "channels" so that I can control them independantly? I have seen reference to remote "addresses" in the manual, but it usually is in context with the UHF remotes.
Yes, you can do this. I, for example, have 3 Dish DVR's all in my living room, all being controlled from a single Harmony 880 remote.

Also, are the component and HDMI outputs active simultaneously? For example, could I hook up my Projector via HDMI and my TV via component and watch the same HD picture on both simultaneously?
Yes, all outputs are active at the same time.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,055 Posts
To program the Dish remote you just change the remote IR address to a new number. i.e. I have one on 1 another on 2 and the third on 3. Instructions for this are in the 622 manual.

As far as your universal remote, it depends on the remote. With my older MX remote I had to put it into learn mode and program each key for each remote address from a Dish remote.

For my Harmony 880 I was able to find Dish DVR remote codes for all 3 IR addresses, much easier.

Tuner 2, in Dual Mode, is UHF only if I'm not mistaken. In single mode the IR remote controls all outputs (TV1 and TV2) since they are all showing the same content.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.