DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got service installed, HR3400 & two HD receivers. Question: Is there an app or some other software to control the DVR from a PC? I want to manage recordings, add new ones, delete ones, prioritize, etc.
I saw mobile apps, but I'm not interested on watching on a laptop or phone. Simply want to control the recording/scheduling functions of the 3400 from my PC. I thought Directv had something like this (I know Uverse does). Called Directv and got nowhere. Am I out of luck?

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
You can partially manage a few things via Waltz49's app, or an iPad app, but neither include managing the To Do list nor the Series Manager.

And welcome to DBSTalk!!

·
Godfather
266 Posts
Hard to believe I've only been here two months. I have learned so much from you guys in that short time it seems like much longer. DBSTalk is indispensable to me now and look forward to learning new things here each day.

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all. Kind of a disappointment. I almost went with Uverse, it was much cheaper due to the phone/internet I had to use them for. They have a very nice PC app that does everything with the DVR. Managing to do's and series is exactly what I wanted to do remotely. I just assumed Directv had the same functionality. Ooops.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
With one HR34 your recording management couldn't be simpler! Yes, it'd be nice to have the ability to sit in your office and add and delete. You can add, but not delete.....

Anyway, I bet you'll like this setup a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.