DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mentor
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I current have MRV running over Ethernet to all of my receivers. My dish is the Slimline-5 with four outputs running into a 8 way multiswitch.

I want to convert to SWM16 so I can add the HR34. (I am using 5 tuners currently).

Can I just replace my current multiswitch with an SWM16 Single Wire Multiswitch w/power supply. Then add a pair of 8-way splitters and Ethernet via DECA to each splitter side?

Hope I have figured this out. Thanks in advance.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
That should work. You will need a deca adapter for each receiver/dvr that does not have one built in. Currently only the H24, H25, and HR24 have it built in. You will not need 8 way splitter, you can use 2 four ways (one on each leg).

The HR34 can hook to ethernet for the bridge, or you can use an internet connection DECA off the splitter.

·
This Space for Sale
7,466 Posts
I can't answer the first part, but I wouldn't use two 8-way splitters; you'll have a lot of unused terminals. One coax from the 16 to your HR34 and then a 4-way for your current boxes.

·
Mentor
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Davenlr said:
That should work. You will need a deca adapter for each receiver/dvr that does not have one built in. Currently only the H24, H25, and HR24 have it built in. You will not need 8 way splitter, you can use 2 four ways (one on each leg).

The HR34 can hook to ethernet for the bridge, or you can use an internet connection DECA off the splitter.
Thank you. I wasn't aware that the HR34 could do the Ethernet bridge, that will make it easier. The rest of my equipment is H24 or HR24 so I won't need the DECA adapters then.

And thanks for pointing out I only need 4-way splitters. Makes sense.

Sounds easier than I thought.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
Just make sure you split it up so you don't have more than 8-tuners coming off a SWiM-16 leg.

·
Mentor
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Drucifer said:
Just make sure you split it up so you don't have more than 8-tuners coming off a SWiM-16 leg.
Thanks. That is why I was looking at two 4-way splitters. The HR34 is 5 tuners, and I have 1 HR24, and two H24s (9 total tuners).

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Well, if you arent going to be using an internet connection kit, you can just hook one of them directly into the SWM16 without a splitter.
Plug the rest into the 4 way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.