DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a set of monopoles from Value Electronics that should be arriving in the next few days. I haven't found any definitive guidance on how I should orient the monopoles with respect to the AU9. I read on one web site that one monopole should be placed directly behind the dish and the other one should point to the west, but it didn't seem official and I couldn't corroborate that anywhere. Is that appropriate for a rooftop mount? Is there a published recommendation on how they should be placed? Thanks in advance for the help.

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
There is no hard and fast rule for placement, every house is different. You will have to analyze where the weak points are that need to be strengthened by using the monopole.

· Hall Of Fame
1,340 Posts
The monopoles should be placed so that the main pole and two monopoles form the legs of a tripod. The structure, if enclosed, called a tetrahedral, is the strongest in nature, having the least volume with the greatest surface area. Alexander Graham Bell experimented with tetrahedral kites and structured air foils for powered flight in his later years. Trusses can be a series of tetrahedrals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.