DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 3 weeks of flawless operation I got a corrupt recording of the NASCAR race on NBC. The time bar had a negative number at the beginning and then completely froze the HR20. Rebooted and tried to play back...same thing.

Guess that's what I get for putting faith in the unit. :(

·
Icon
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, if DirecTV and Tivo get it right the first time why can't DTV? At least the recording and playback part. I have NEVER had any corrupt recording on my ReplayTV in 6+ years of use. The only time it has crashed is when something has gone haywire when I try to playback a recording that is on my WiRNS server or another Replay unit.

·
Registered
12,624 Posts
Well, the original DirecTivos had their share of problems, too. For example, it took awhile before dual tuners were enabled. They've had several years to improve their software. Hopefully it won't take DirecTV that long to improve theirs.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Well, the original DirecTivos had their share of problems, too. For example, it took awhile before dual tuners were enabled. They've had several years to improve their software. Hopefully it won't take DirecTV that long to improve theirs.
The DTIVO I own had no where near the problems this box has.

When I bought my t60, it was clearly stated that only one tuner was active.

The second tuner was activate ~ 6 or 9 months later. That is not a bug or a defect.

The only real problem I had was failing hard drives (3 years later), and that was fixed by upgrading the drives. Was I happy about it, no, but I could of bought a new dtivo or replace the drives and be happy again, it was related to buggy, with perhaps the exception that they could of done better in exception handling vs random reboots when you have a failing hard drive.

IMO the biggest issues with the DTivo software is it has become a bit too big for the platform it is on and has performance issues now that are annoying, but out side of that it is a workhorse, it never fails to record or playback and all the basic trick plays work 100% of the time.

When a new product comes out that is suppose to be better and on newer technology, it should at least do the basics right all the time, you know the basic things like record and playback correctly. You would think that they would try to get that right before shipping..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.