DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize it's a long shot, but I'm still mystified why many people report zero problems with their HR20, while I've had several simply by swapping it with an HR10-250 in a configuration that had worked flawlessly since day one.

Do any of the "perfectly functioning" HR20's have a working antenna hooked up in anticipation of OTA enablement?

Has anyone noticed any improvement in functioning after disconnecting an antenna from the box?

I may be grasping at straws but desperate times call for...

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Yes...
I have had the OTA antenna connect sice day one.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
I've had my Antenna and Networking hooked up from day 1 as well and I've had no real problems so it's neither of those.

I did have lockups and a couple of "partial" recordings within the first week however I decided to re-format the unit and have not had a problem since then.

·
Legend
192 Posts
Mine has been hooked up to my rooftop Winegard UHF/VHF antenna from day one. The installer did not hook it up and I did. I have had no real problems with my HR20. It's recorded everything I've asked. No partial recordings. It's actually worked very well.

·
Mentor
47 Posts
No antenna here, i had several problems in the beginning, but the problems seemed to go away when using a non-hdmi interface, and then when the HDMI was somehow updated to work with my Westinghouse (around 3rd update).

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Bad Rex said:
I realize it's a long shot, but I'm still mystified why many people report zero problems with their HR20, while I've had several simply by swapping it with an HR10-250 in a configuration that had worked flawlessly since day one.

Do any of the "perfectly functioning" HR20's have a working antenna hooked up in anticipation of OTA enablement?

Has anyone noticed any improvement in functioning after disconnecting an antenna from the box?

I may be grasping at straws but desperate times call for...
My HR-20 is not connected to an OTA antenna but I (since the release of OxEF 11/15) have been operating trouble free. Prior to OxEF I had minor issues but NOTHING like what others have reported. I think some (not all) of the issues may be linked to the local affiliates and/or the MPEG-4 data streams.

·
AllStar
96 Posts
I have had my roof top antenna plugged in from day one. No problems at all ! The one problem that I was having was recording mpeg 4 locals , which has been since corrected.:)

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
OTA antenna connected since day 1, now 10 weeks later, no significant problems (other than my OTA antenna is purely decorative as far as the HR20 is concerned:rolleyes: )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.