DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possably a "reboot" counter? Mine shows 6.. Does the 622 reboot every night? I am beginning to wonder if my 622 is rebooting at the wrong time. 6 would be the right number for mine since I have 622 since last fri. I have come to find out my problem with rebooting is not with just the caller ID or channel 008-00. It happened last night on HD CHANNEL. It has never reboots when just watching a show; Its always when you are engaging it such as changing channels or caller id etc. My update is active set to work at 3 am .

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
smackman said:
Is this possably a "reboot" counter? Mine shows 6.. Does the 622 reboot every night? I am beginning to wonder if my 622 is rebooting at the wrong time. 6 would be the right number for mine since I have 622 since last fri. I have come to find out my problem with rebooting is not with just the caller ID or channel 008-00. It happened last night on HD CHANNEL. It has never reboots when just watching a show; Its always when you are engaging it such as changing channels or caller id etc. My update is active set to work at 3 am .
It reboots nightly, but that is not what the miniwatchdog refers to. I could hazard a guess, but it would be better if we could get someone from dish to say.

·
Legend
112 Posts
When the 622 does its nightly reboot, it first notifies the screen and you have like 30 seconds to a minute to respond to cancel it. I'm up at 3am sometimes and I see that screen all the time. (I kind of use it as a "go to sleep, stupid" alarm sometimes. :) ) What you're describing is definitely not the scheduled reboot happening at the wrong times, but the machine crashing for some reason.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Since your box has been resetting, I would expect that this count might map to those events. Definitely not the nightly reboot.

If you are seeing this happen on more channels than one I would start to suspect that you have a bad box and should get it swapped out.

·
Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rebooted again; counter #3 went from 6 -7. Called Dish; Sending out new receiver today to replace this rebooting fool. The watchdog counter is some how tied in to this rebooting on its own because it has rebooted 7 times since Friday as the counter says. 5out of the 7 times its rebooted has been on the same channel (008-00) but it also done it on a HD channel one time. The first time I cannot remember.

·
Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ron Barry said:
Since your box has been resetting, I would expect that this count might map to those events. Definitely not the nightly reboot.

If you are seeing this happen on more channels than one I would start to suspect that you have a bad box and should get it swapped out.
If this was happening on only one channel what would you suspect? I know it happened at least 6 out of the 8 times it has rebooted. I am not for sure about the first time but I believe it was channel 008-00. This is the channel it happened to the other 6 out of 7 times I know. It never freezes up until you try to leave the channel or there is a caller ID incoming while on this same channel. It freezes the picture for approx 2 minutes then goes into a reboot. It comes back up without any assistance from me.
My hook up is straight HDMI to Mistibishi 55" tv model ws55517. No OTA. There are 2 fairly strong local channel that i could easily get with rabbit ears; channel 10 and 43; neither are HD so I just pick them up on locals package. I also have the component video hooked up. That:nono2: s it; plain jane. Your thoughts on this is appreciate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.