DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
AllStar
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're probably sick of these so if I get no responses I understand.

1. Auto off. So when I go to bed and leave the DVR on, when I get up there will be no LED's on but the dish logo will be dancing on the screen if I turn the TV on. If I leave it like this will shows record that I have scheduled? Or does it need to be fully on for the shows to record?

2. On the guide. Say I am looking at the guide for 7:00 wednesday and there is a show for 7:00 Thursday I want to record. Is there a way to just get to the next day or do I have to just keep moving it to the right? Just asking because on my Comcast box I could hit a "day +" button and the guide would go forward 24 hours.

3. This is not a question. It sucks that you have to go up to the gold package to get National Geographic channel. For me that would be spending 10 bucks a month for that channel since the others on the gold really do nothing for me (NG would be the only HD channel that is different from the silver package)

·
Legend
224 Posts
Borgie said:

1. Auto off. So when I go to bed and leave the DVR on, when I get up there will be no LED's on but the dish logo will be dancing on the screen if I turn the TV on. If I leave it like this will shows record that I have scheduled? Or does it need to be fully on for the shows to record?

2. On the guide. Say I am looking at the guide for 7:00 wednesday and there is a show for 7:00 Thursday I want to record. Is there a way to just get to the next day or do I have to just keep moving it to the right? Just asking because on my Comcast box I could hit a "day +" button and the guide would go forward 24 hours.

3. This is not a question. It sucks that you have to go up to the gold package to get National Geographic channel. For me that would be spending 10 bucks a month for that channel since the others on the gold really do nothing for me (NG would be the only HD channel that is different from the silver package)
1. It will record with the receiver off (standby mode/dish logo dancing), the only way it's really off is if you pull the plug.

2. "Skip Forward" will advance the guide 24 hours. "Skip Back" will go back 24 hours or to the beginning of the guide if you are advanced less than 24 hours.

Chan

·
Hall Of Fame
1,202 Posts
GravelChan said:
1. It will record with the receiver off (standby mode/dish logo dancing), the only way it's really off is if you pull the plug.

2. "Skip Forward" will advance the guide 24 hours. "Skip Back" will go back 24 hours or to the beginning of the guide if you are advanced less than 24 hours.

Chan
2. While in the guide, you can also type in the number of hours (up to 99 right now) and then hit the right arrow to go forward (left arrow to go back) that many hours. I use this all the time since I often want to go forward a certain number of hours and not necessarily 24 hours.

·
AllStar
97 Posts
Borgie said:

Sucks but a great channel none the less. You'll just have to cough it up i'm afraid!!

Also don't forget for that 10 bucks you also get the (SD) Encore Movie channels which aren't too bad, and also all the sport channels (FSN, Fox Soccer Channel, etc) so it's worth it overall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.