1. It will record with the receiver off (standby mode/dish logo dancing), the only way it's really off is if you pull the plug.Borgie said:You're probably sick of these so if I get no responses I understand.
1. Auto off. So when I go to bed and leave the DVR on, when I get up there will be no LED's on but the dish logo will be dancing on the screen if I turn the TV on. If I leave it like this will shows record that I have scheduled? Or does it need to be fully on for the shows to record?
2. On the guide. Say I am looking at the guide for 7:00 wednesday and there is a show for 7:00 Thursday I want to record. Is there a way to just get to the next day or do I have to just keep moving it to the right? Just asking because on my Comcast box I could hit a "day +" button and the guide would go forward 24 hours.
3. This is not a question. It sucks that you have to go up to the gold package to get National Geographic channel. For me that would be spending 10 bucks a month for that channel since the others on the gold really do nothing for me (NG would be the only HD channel that is different from the silver package)
2. "Skip Forward" will advance the guide 24 hours. "Skip Back" will go back 24 hours or to the beginning of the guide if you are advanced less than 24 hours.