DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Icon
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking the Cox web site for Arizona locations. They are getting a premium fee for there HD DVR boxes. Remember this is per box. Rental for each box is $ 18 plus a $ 5 service fee besides. Bringing the total for EACH HD DVR BOX to $ 23 per month. So all of you unhappy campers in the Arizona area thinking about switching. Get ready to spend some big bucks for cable. Remember this is just a per box fee for your HD TV. The channel fees are a whole new ball game. But this is COX cable in Arizona.:nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

· Hall Of Fame
2,584 Posts
It is similar in Las Vegas (where I used to live). I called Cox Tucson when I recieved a flyer for the $99.00 bundle of internet, phone and digital cable. I currently have 4 HD DVRs and 2 SD DVRs. I'd be over $100 in DVR fees before I even considered which programming package I'd get. It puts the $4.99 mirror/lease fee to rest pretty quick.

Add to that, Cox took two years to get the big four nets in HD locally. When I first started deciding where to go (after 5 years with dish), it became obvious that Cox wasn't a choice either. Even with their HD DVR and fees, I wouldn't have been able to record network HD. Of course, now they offer all HD locals, but I'd never consider them as an option with those outrageous fees.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.