DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seem to be noticing that during playback/VOD (last night during Heroes - NOT live TV) that the audio track every once & awhile has a "crackle" noise. Doesnt seem to happen during live TV. I am hooked up thru HDMI to my Denon for Audio

is this normal ? :confused:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I don't know, but I noticed it on a recording from HDNet. The right channel had an intermittent popping or cracking sound.

It was not too obtrusive, and of all they things we have watched, it has only been on one program.

I am going straight from HR20 to Panny TC-32LX60 TV via HDMI.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
237 Posts
deecee98 said:
Seem to be noticing that during playback/VOD (last night during Heroes - NOT live TV) that the audio track every once & awhile has a "crackle" noise. Doesnt seem to happen during live TV. I am hooked up thru HDMI to my Denon for Audio

is this normal ? :confused:
Might be an LA issue - I was watching on ch 83, not the mpeg 4 ch. and got the same noise issue during playback. But this has happened many times esp during playback of local ch shows.

·
AllStar
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
grate88 said:
Might be an LA issue - I was watching on ch 83, not the mpeg 4 ch. and got the same noise issue during playback. But this has happened many times esp during playback of local ch shows.
glad its not just me

·
Mentor
43 Posts
Thought I'd weigh-in. I also heard the crackling, was playing back Heroes (not live), and am in the LA market. Seems like a broadcaster issue.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Chalk up another LA user with a lot of intermittent crackling.

·
Cool Member
31 Posts
Just watched my recording of Heroes from Channel 83 & noticed the crackling too. Using toslink w/ 5.1 enabled.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
Hmmm, I had tuned to KNBC (4) rather than 83.

What's the difference between using these two? I get LA NBC on 4 channels: at 4 (KNBC), 4 (LA4), 83 (NBCW), and 383 (NBCW).

·
3 Posts
mrshermanoaks said:
Chalk up another LA user with a lot of intermittent crackling.
Not just an LA thing. I am in Dallas and I had the same thing happen last night on a playback. lasted for about 5 minutes then dissapeared.

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
I get it too in Raleigh, NC. It seems to happen most often on the local NBC channel via DTV. It may happen on other channels, but I think it's mostly on NBC. One interesting item, I often can not record Heroes because of other conflicts, so I just bittorrent the episode. When I played the last episode from a BT download, I heard the same pops and cracks. So it may not have anthing to do with the settop, maybe it's out local affiliates causing this.

·
AllStar
64 Posts
I get a similar noise too on local HD channels. Sounds like a needle scratching a record when the turning record is stopped by hand. It lasts about 3 seconds. Sometimes though after the noise appears the sound cuts out and I get the BSOD for about 5 seconds and then the picture and sound reappears. It happens 3 to 4 times in about 3 hours of viewing. I have an HDMI connection to my Samsung TV. I will turn Doby Digital setting to off and see what happens tonight.

·
DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,011 Posts

·
DBSTalk Club Member
268 Posts
I also have a Samsung connected via HDMI, have DD turned off, and have native turned off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.