DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
AllStar
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Programmmers and Producers have hit an all time low again with yet another show that is Adult Orientated with appeal to younger viewers because of the Puppets. I happened to tune in last night and was apalled by the shows overall content. Who are these morons that produce such trash tv? Responsible Parents who screen their child's tv viewing should take heed on this program.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Set your V chip in your reciever and you should not have a problem the Show is rated TV-14. Just because a show has puppets on does not mean it is geared to kids "Greg the Bunny", "TV Funhouse" just to name a few are examles of that. It can be funny to see a puppet doing things adults do (like taking a steam bath, Gambling, trying to get a job)

The only legitimacy I see to your complaint is that you are seeing the east cost feed so you are seeing it at 8:30pm instead of 10:30 pm.. But still setting your V chip would have prevented this show from appearing in your house.

·
Arcane Movie Trivia King
1,806 Posts
i guess something to bide his time until his big network break in January...

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Actually Crank Yankrs may end up floundering long term, because Kimmel will spend all of his time on the Network show. The Man show is ending after the next season of shows so that will not be an extra layer of work.

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
I think Crank Yankers is hilarious, but the puppet nudity and sex is going a little too far for a channel that is viewable by just about anyone. Don't look for anything to change because Comedy Central can get away with just about anything they want.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Originally posted by Uncle Peter
I agree and that's what I'm talking about. The Sex and Humor is going too far. I can't imagine any reputable Sponsor wanting to pay into this crap.
Peter, It may be shocking to you but there are plenty of sponsors willing to pay for "This Crap". "The Man Show" by the same guys who make "Crank Yankers" is one of the highest rated shows on Comedy Central and Crank Yankers is riding "the Man Show"'s coat tails to high ratings. And Jimmy Kimmel, the brains behind both "the Man Show" and "Crank Yankers" is also the guy who will take over the Midnight slot after Nightline with a Talk Show, I expect it to be rather cutting edge.

The only thing I don't like about Crank Yankers is that I had surgery a while back and when I am laughing so hard at Crank Yankers it sometimes hurts.

First you're complaining about it being confused for children's television, when the "V" chip is the answer you are going on about it being 'Crap". TURN OFF YOUR TV OR CHANGE THE CHANNEL!!! AND PLEASE BOYCOTT THE SPONSORS AS I WILL HAVE MY COUNTERPOINT LETTERS IN THE MAIL AS WELL

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
I must admit I have watched Crank Yankers and have busted a gut laughing. :) My wife on the other hand hates it. This is the reason we have 2 TV's. :)

The first time I saw it for an entire week everytime I got an email I would yell "I got mail! YYYEEEEEEAAAAAA!" :D

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
I must admit I have watched Crank Yankers and have busted a gut laughing. :) My wife on the other hand hates it. This is the reason we have 2 TV's. :)

The first time I saw it for an entire week everytime I got an email I would yell "I got mail! YYYEEEEEEAAAAAA!" :D
I think the same thing in the "Y" Chromosome that finds farts funny, also compells the phoney phone calls. :lol:

THere is a video and audio clip of the "I Got Mail, YYYYEEEEAAAAAA!" on
http://www.comedycentral.com/tv_shows/crankyankers/

Dial 7069 for "Special Ed" and look at the Video clip or just the Audio Call.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
Originally posted by SParker
I thought it was pretty funny although they reuse a lot of the Touchtone Terrorist stuff I heard ages ago.
I heard they bring in stars for a 4 hour run at the stuff and they use whatever good stuff they can get in 4 hours. I guess the Touchtone Terrorists and others provide guaranteed filler if they can't get the original stuff in quantity.

The one with the UPS/Diamond Watch/CrackHead/Burner is a true classic and loved to see it with puppets. But I know I would have burst a blood vessel in my head if I would have been the woman on the phone. Can't help but feel sorry for her.

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
Originally posted by gcutler

The one with the UPS/Diamond Watch/CrackHead/Burner is a true classic and loved to see it with puppets. But I know I would have burst a blood vessel in my head if I would have been the woman on the phone. Can't help but feel sorry for her.
On the most recent episode, another person with the wrong number called in looking for the post office again. How did that happen twice? It's making me think that some of these wrong number calls are set up!

·
Hall Of Fame
3,434 Posts
I believe the creator of the crank bought one or more 1-800 numbers that was one digit off of the UPS number. SO anyone accidentally dialing the wrong number would get the cranker.

I believe the guy who does all the voices is Jim Florentine

http://www.jimflorentine.com/

but it could be someone else. Florentine is definately the Burper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.