DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got two HR20s. On one of them, I see two horizontal bands that slowly walk up the screen. One is a brighter than normal band and the other is a darker than normal band. I'm connected via a 25' component cable. This unit replaced a 250, which never exhibited this problem.

Anyone else seen this? Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
MarkBarbieri said:
I just got two HR20s. On one of them, I see two horizontal bands that slowly walk up the screen. One is a brighter than normal band and the other is a darker than normal band. I'm connected via a 25' component cable. This unit replaced a 250, which never exhibited this problem.

It sounds like a ground loop problem. If you can find a 3 wire to 2 wire AC adapter (for connecting a new appliance to the old two prong wiring system), try putting it on the HR20 with the banding and see if the problem goes away. If it does, you have a ground loop and we can talk about how to resolve it.

·
Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
MarkBarbieri said:

I agree with Hasan -- this is a classic symptom of a ground loop. Strange that you didn't see it on the HR10-250, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.