DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Ticket 2007!!!

6K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  Bugs Bunny 
#1 ·
Any idea when DTV is going to publish cricket ticket 2007 now that 2007 has come???

It will be great if the whole package including world cup is priced around 300USD.

#2 ·
The prices for the 2007 Cricket Ticket is :

$249 upfront or a 3 pay option of $83.33.

Just call and ask ! I did!

#4 ·
Here are the games they told me was included:

Australia vs. England/New Zealand
South Africa vs. Pakistan
New Zealand vs. Australia
Zimbabwe vs. Australia
Sri Lanka vs. Bangladesh
Zimbabwe vs. South Africa
Australia vs. Sri Lanka
South Africa vs. New Zealand
Zimbabwe vs. West Indies
South Africa vs. West Indies
Sri Lanka vs. England
Australia vs. New Zealand
Australia vs. India

They also said there was no Cricket Ticket India in 2007

And for each of those tours you can just pay for them.

And that was what I was told, you should call to verify it with someone else, always good to get a second opinion!

Oh - and the world cup is almost always played on National channels - the person couldn' t tell me if it was included. But I remember watching it last year on ESPN2 or something

#8 ·
crabtrp said:
The World Cup is being shown by both DirecTV and Dish. It is a separate subscription. I prepaid for the WC along with the ICC trophy. I think that it is $200 by itself.
i saw from another post in satelliteguys that cricket ticket 2007 in DTV is 249.99USD and includes the World cup along with these series:

Zimbabwe vs. Australia
Sri Lanka vs. Bangladesh
Australia vs. Sri Lanka
Zimbabwe vs. West Indies
Sri Lanka vs. England
Australia vs. India

dish tv is yet to come with pricing and they have rights to Ind WI and Ind SL one day series.

i guess they will combine these 2 with worldcup and price it around 200USD.

#9 ·
okietekkie said:
Oh - and the world cup is almost always played on National channels - the person couldn' t tell me if it was included. But I remember watching it last year on ESPN2 or something
Are you on drugs? This is the ICC World Cup being referred to, not FIFA World Cup.

They will be shoveling snow in the driveways of hell before cricket gets shown on ESPN2.

#11 ·
Chandu said:
Are you on drugs? This is the ICC World Cup being referred to, not FIFA World Cup.

Ah see, but all that was said was world cup, so I said what I remembered -grin-

#12 ·
If this is the case then DirecTV will have a VERY annoyed customer on their hands. I paid $200 just for the World Cup and I expect I will have to pay more for the triangular ODI series coming up in Aus and Sri Lanka vs. England.

quizzer said:
i saw from another post in satelliteguys that cricket ticket 2007 in DTV is 249.99USD and includes the World cup along with these series:

Zimbabwe vs. Australia
Sri Lanka vs. Bangladesh
Australia vs. Sri Lanka
Zimbabwe vs. West Indies
Sri Lanka vs. England
Australia vs. India

dish tv is yet to come with pricing and they have rights to Ind WI and Ind SL one day series.

i guess they will combine these 2 with worldcup and price it around 200USD.

#13 ·
crabtrp said:
If this is the case then DirecTV will have a VERY annoyed customer on their hands. I paid $200 just for the World Cup and I expect I will have to pay more for the triangular ODI series coming up in Aus and Sri Lanka vs. England.
you can talk to DTV andupgrade the WC package to Cricket ticket 2007 and pay the difference of 49.99usd

#14 ·
Can any one confirm this? I called today and was told CricketTicket is now $200 (instead of $250) but does not include the WC which is an additional $250. Also, they had no clue what was being offered this year, I was told all cricket games, WTF does that mean???? Directv is clueless.

#15 ·
So I have called directv 3 times now. All 3 times they initially told me $249 includes cricket ticket AND the world cup, however, when I proceed to order, it eventally comes up showing that this DOES NOT include the world cup, it is juts for cricket ticket. The world cup is an additional $199. So the price for all cricket is $450. The matches they have told me are as stated previously on this thread, which, are not too imporessive (although the WC takes up a good chunk of the time). As a expat South African, there are only 3 SA tours, one against Zim which I dont care to much for. I might just buy the SA/WI package and the WC unless they decide to offer a combo deal.

#16 ·
bigloo said:
So I have called directv 3 times now. All 3 times they initially told me $249 includes cricket ticket AND the world cup, however, when I proceed to order, it eventally comes up showing that this DOES NOT include the world cup, it is juts for cricket ticket. The world cup is an additional $199. So the price for all cricket is $450. The matches they have told me are as stated previously on this thread, which, are not too imporessive (although the WC takes up a good chunk of the time). As a expat South African, there are only 3 SA tours, one against Zim which I dont care to much for. I might just buy the SA/WI package and the WC unless they decide to offer a combo deal.
My feeling is that DTV will be forced to bring down the WC price after E* announced their pricing.

E* will definetly price the WC less than 200USD.

#19 ·
After calling throughout the end of 2006 to findout the timing and pricing of CT 2007, I called again this weekend and got a similar underinfromed rep as most of you. First he said it was $249 for everything (CT and CWC) and then backtracked once he started punching through the order screens. He also started babbling about CT would have been $199 if I had renewed by 12/31/06. :flaiming I began to note that D* had not announced a 2007 CT schedule before 12/31/06 and that their web site still had only the CT 2006 schedule. (Still that way now as I write this.) A quick put on hold and then the pricing as noted here. $249 for CT; $199 for CWC.

I will call again today to see if they have their story any straighter. I am in more of a rush than some of you as the Aus/Eng Twenty20 match is tonight and then the Tri-Series.

[With Shane's retirement, do I need to retire my avatar as well? I will look for a Roy picture small enough to use as an avatar. Here's a good Roy avatar. "Aussie, Aussie Aussie! Roy, Roy, Roy!"];)

#24 ·
New to this forum and new to DIRECTV. Had a couple of quick questions.
(i) I don't have the 95 satellite dish installed yet (DIRECTV keeps saying it's back ordered). If I subscribe to Cricket Ticket 2007, can I watch the games on channels 117-119 (instead of the cricket ticket channels 2027-2029)?
(ii) Will West Indies tour of England and India's tour of England this summer be included later in Cricket Ticket 2007?

#25 ·
Bugs Bunny said:
New to this forum and new to DIRECTV. Had a couple of quick questions.
(i) I don't have the 95 satellite dish installed yet (DIRECTV keeps saying it's back ordered). If I subscribe to Cricket Ticket 2007, can I watch the games on channels 117-119 (instead of the cricket ticket channels 2027-2029)?
(ii) Will West Indies tour of England and India's tour of England this summer be included later in Cricket Ticket 2007?
(i) Many matches are simulcast on the 117-119, but not all. The recent Champions Trophy was not simulcast on 117-119. The Champions Trophy and the CWC are through a contract with the ICC rights holder. We may see a similar non-simulcast if it is a contractual issue.
(ii) Tours hosted by England are now exclusive to Dish Network. DirecTV had the Ashes last summer, but then the ECB signed with Dish.

Broadcast rights for regular tours (non-ICC tournaments) belong to the host countries. Australia, New Zealand, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and the West Indies have had their most recent hosted tours on DirecTV. I believe the contracts are rights and not necessarily guarantees of broadcast. A tour involving Bangladesh and Zimbabwe might not get aired at all. Dish has rights to Pakistan and England hosted matches. It would appear that Dish now also has India matches. (There was a lengthy legal battle in India over broadcast rights.) ICC-hosted events are currently offered by both DirecTV and Dish. I have no idea when any of these contracts expire/renew so that could shuffle coverage in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.