DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Godfather
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Cricket Ticket subscribers out there?

I've watched Cricket Ticket series before using a standard 18" round dish pointed at 101. It was on channels 117-119.

I want to subscribe to the Australia v England starting on Wed night. I've seen the cricket ppv coverage has been moved to channels 2027-2029. Are these shown on 101, or has all coverage been moved to 95 along with the all the foreign language programming? I don't really want more dish hardware on the back of my house, if I can avoid it - but I couldn't find 2027 showing South Africa v India yesterday morning on my receiver.

Thanks
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
46 Posts
From looking at Lyngsat.com, channels 117-119 and 2027-2029 are designed for Cricket Ticket at 101 degrees:

packages/directvusa101.html

So subscribers who have the 18" round dish should be able to get any cricket match. I'm interested in getting The Ashes. I'll look at the program guide later on tonight to see if The Ashes is listed. If not, I'll call DirecTV and ask them how do I get The Ashes.
 

· Up The Irons!
Joined
·
5,775 Posts
They must be on the 95 bird as my receiver doesnt go above channel 1000 (On the HR20)
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BarryS14 said:
From looking at Lyngsat.com, channels 117-119 and 2027-2029 are designed for Cricket Ticket at 101 degrees:

packages/directvusa101.html

So subscribers who have the 18" round dish should be able to get any cricket match. I'm interested in getting The Ashes. I'll look at the program guide later on tonight to see if The Ashes is listed. If not, I'll call DirecTV and ask them how do I get The Ashes.
I wasn't trusting the Lyngsat listings. Last month, I could not get my receiver to show listings for Champions Trophy matches that D* was carrying. They were apparently on the 2027-2029 channels, but not 117-119. Same with South Africa-India on Sunday morning.

However, I just spoke with the CSR at the 888 number listed on the cricket ticket web page (directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=1100076). He assured me the Australia-England series would be shown on one of channels 117-119, available on Sat 101; and so available on any dish from a round 18" to a AT9.

He also said I couldn't order it just yet, but would need to call back in the morning!

Its late, so I didn't get into questions of why I can't find the current South Africa-India match listings with my receiver, why the web-site program guide lists those matches as appearing on channel 2027 and not 117-119, why I couldn't find last month's Champions Trophy listings on my receiver at 117-119 or any other channel number, or why Lyngsat lists 2027-2029 as being on Sat 101 when all other 2*** channels are on 95W. Maybe I'll quiz them tomorrow!

However, if what he said is true, and The Ashes will be on channels 117-119, I'll be very happy! Although I just scrolled through my program guide on my receiver to Wed night, and it doesn't show anything on 117-119 yet!
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bobnielsen said:
According to SkyReport, a subscription to one of the Hindi-languages is required (skyreport.com/#Story5). It doesn't say if the broadcasts are in Hindi or English.
Bob,

(I had to cut your link down to get the quote in)

Thanks for the link. However, the story describes the new CricketPlus channel, DirecTV's new 24-hour-a-day cricket channel which will presumably later be a subscription-only channel, but is currently free with the Indian-language packages. I know that one is on 95W, and is one I wont be able to get. However, the Cricket Ticket live telecasts have always been PPV events in the past, and have (nearly?) always been in English, using the feed from whatever home country the matches are bring played in.

See my post above - I've been told tonight by a CSR that the Australia-England matches will be shown on Sat 101, on channels 117-119.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
276 Posts
I already have purchased the Ashes. I have the big international dish pointed at 95. The CSR told me that the ICC trophy would be on standard 117-119, and they weren't. It is showing on my HR20 as upcoming on channel 2028. I have also prepaid for the WC coming up in the spring.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
231 Posts
Channels 117-119 are on the 101W, I believe. With NFL Sunday Ticket in play on the weekends, D* is short on bandwidth to the point where they turn off most of the PPV channels and TNT-HD. This is likely why they are not simulcasting cricket to 117-119 lately.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crabtrp said:
I already have purchased the Ashes. I have the big international dish pointed at 95. The CSR told me that the ICC trophy would be on standard 117-119, and they weren't. It is showing on my HR20 as upcoming on channel 2028. I have also prepaid for the WC coming up in the spring.
So, having been told last night that the Ashes would be available from sat 101, on channel 117, I called up today to order. I was told I cannot order it, as I don't have the international dish, and the matches will be beamed only from sat 95. Taking your point above, I caved, and agreed to have the international dish installed, even tho I don't want it if its not neccesary. Cost $20 shipping and handling, but will be installed free.

So, I come home tonight, and look at my receiver, which is still only looking at 101. In the guide on the receiver it tells me:
117- Upcoming: Cricket Australia vs England, 11/22 7.00pm
119- Upcoming: Cricket South Africa vs India, 11/22 7.30am

I go to directv.com and the online programming guide tells me much the same thing, in addition to the matches being mirrored on channels 2027-2028.

Do these folks have *ANY* idea of what they are talking about?

Now, I realize being channel 117/119 doesn't automatically guarantee that they are being beamed from Sat 101. However, if my receiver can display the channel banner and the listing in the guide, then surely I can receive this programming with my current apparatus? As I said, I don't want to have the big dish if its not needed, and I don't want to miss the first two days of Aust-Eng, waiting for the Friday install of the big dish before going back to order the cricket.

I realize we're a very niche market, but can't someone in charge give the CSR's at the special 1-888 number listed on the Cricket-ticket web page a uniform story to stick to about this??
 

· Legend
Joined
·
231 Posts
rwmair said:
So, having been told last night that the Ashes would be available from sat 101, on channel 117, I called up today to order. I was told I cannot order it, as I don't have the international dish, and the matches will be beamed only from sat 95. Taking your point above, I caved, and agreed to have the international dish installed, even tho I don't want it if its not neccesary. Cost $20 shipping and handling, but will be installed free.

So, I come home tonight, and look at my receiver, which is still only looking at 101. In the guide on the receiver it tells me:
117- Upcoming: Cricket Australia vs England, 11/22 7.00pm
119- Upcoming: Cricket South Africa vs India, 11/22 7.30am

I go to directv.com and the online programming guide tells me much the same thing, in addition to the matches being mirrored on channels 2027-2028.

Do these folks have *ANY* idea of what they are talking about?

Now, I realize being channel 117/119 doesn't automatically guarantee that they are being beamed from Sat 101. However, if my receiver can display the channel banner and the listing in the guide, then surely I can receive this programming with my current apparatus? As I said, I don't want to have the big dish if its not needed, and I don't want to miss the first two days of Aust-Eng, waiting for the Friday install of the big dish before going back to order the cricket.

I realize we're a very niche market, but can't someone in charge give the CSR's at the special 1-888 number listed on the Cricket-ticket web page a uniform story to stick to about this??
Coming in fine on 117, although they originally listed channel 119 as carrying it. Good on ya, mate.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
231 Posts
crabtrp said:
I have it coming in strong on 117 and 2028, bloody brilliant. Aussies dominated the first session, darn-it.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Roy, Roy, Roy!

Disappointed Andrew Symonds' opportunities for the Baggy Green have dried up.

Time to change back my avatar to the spin king.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hello all:

Good for DirecTV to launch the CricketPlus channel in the US.

So there hads been a lot of talk about wasting bandwidth of the DTV satellites. Now think about this, 120-180 channels for 40-50 USD/month, or 14.99/channel and more for packages for the international and PPC channels/ The margins and markups on these channels and cricket PPV events are much higher than the local channels/packages. ewer viewers maybe, but larger margins. Just plain common economic sense.

I do agree that the Cricket Plus channels should be offered a-la-carte. I have no interest in the Hindi programming package.

AS for cricket lovers and viewers, a coupld of questions:

I noticed that the Cricketplus.tv websitee listed the matches between India and South Africa, and the Ashes. Now are these live events or replays? I understand CricetDirect is shoing the Ashes and the India/South Africa live. Just trying to fugure out if I need on or both? wondering if I need one or both???

Thanks.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top