DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am still glad I removed this from my SL's last season when Mandy Patinkin left - the shows were at least interesting. Joe Mantegna brings nothing to the show - it would actually be better without his character and just focus on the remaining cast. Why couldn't his character have been the bombing victim?

Anyway, I had caught the last episode last season and wanted to see how it concluded. All I can say is that this has to be the dumbest collection of FBI Agents ever - the writers so telegraphed the identity of the bad guys that even a rookie agent could have figured out what was happening - you didn't have to be a profiler to spot the bad guy.

Anyway, back to ignoring this show again.

· Icon
1,291 Posts
Getteau said:
In case your DVR got nailed by the presidential address cutting off the last 15 minutes of the program, you can see a webcast here:
http://www.ch131.com/
Amazingly, my DVR padded the extra 15 minutes without my manual intervention. I guess the guide info must have updated in time. Didn't start late though, so I'm guessing the guide updated sometime during the run of the show (??), causing it to record for 1:15.

Agree about the telegraphing. Although I seldom watch this show, my wife does, and we watched it together tonight. Had both bad guys figured from the get go.

· Godfather
340 Posts
I used to really like this show but I'm not impressed with this premiere. I dont have the finale to look back at, but I thought that they were clearly IN the car when it exploded. Regardless, I agree with all said above. Maybe I'm spoiled by Lost keeping me thinking, but I need a show thats not transparent.

· Icon
748 Posts
What I found strange about the episode was that they got 2 of the cell and the main bombmaker and took off back to Washington as though that finished everything.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Just got done watching the season premier of Criminal Minds, very good episode, I thought, not the best but on par with the series. This continues to be one of the very best shows on TV.

· Godfather
314 Posts
Steve Mehs said:
Just got done watching the season premier of Criminal Minds, very good episode, I thought, not the best but on par with the series. This continues to be one of the very best shows on TV.
I have to agree with you. I like the show very much but am not a big fan of Joe Mantegna. I liked the other character that left the show better.

· Banned
11,498 Posts
Gideon played a pretty significant role in the show, but I don't mind Fat Tony. I look at it this way, one character does not make or break the show in a series like this, and there are 6 other members of the BAU. My favorite episode of Criminal Minds was a Mandy Patinkin episode (North Mammon), my second favorite episode was a Joe Mantegna episode (Lucky). But it really doesn't matter who was in it, the was the storylines combined with the twists and suspense that had me. Where this show differs from most other crime dramas is the crimes involved are very dark, sick and twisted, and the plots are not formulamatic. See one CSI and you see them all, each episode of Criminal Minds has a unique story to be told about the darkest place in the human psyche. The writers do a terrific job of keeping the show fresh.

Between that and my girl, AJ Cook, I'll be a fan of the show for life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.