DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
14,213 Posts
Yeah, this was a foregone conclusion. The only mystery to me is how long the show will survive without Gil. It's a lot like Law & Order, which has survived numerous cast changes, so I can see it being around for a while longer ...

· Godfather
434 Posts
Drew2k said:
Yeah, this was a foregone conclusion. The only mystery to me is how long the show will survive without Gil. It's a lot like Law & Order, which has survived numerous cast changes, so I can see it being around for a while longer ...
Agreed

· Registered
2,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Drew2k said:
True.

· Hall Of Fame
1,655 Posts
Man, they put Caruso on Miami and now Gil is gone?

No way I am even watching it now. HE was the reason I watched!

· Icon
748 Posts
Drew2k said:
It all depends on who they bring in to replace Gil. If it's somebody with the right chemistry the show could go on for years. If it's somebody like the guy who replaced Gil for a few weeks while he was off it'll be gone by the end of the season.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
frederic1943 said:
It all depends on who they bring in to replace Gil. If it's somebody with the right chemistry the show could go on for years. If it's somebody like the guy who replaced Gil for a few weeks while he was off it'll be gone by the end of the season.
I actually thought Liev Screiber was great when he filled in for Peterson a while back. The character seemed a natural fit, and there was a great spark with Catherine and the right chemistry with the team - it's too bad his character didn't make it past Liev's guest stint.

· Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
Drew2k said:
I actually thought Liev Screiber was great when he filled in for Peterson a while back. The character seemed a natural fit, and there was a great spark with Catherine and the right chemistry with the team - it's too bad his character didn't make it past Liev's guest stint.
I "sort of" agree.

I think that character could have been a great character. Obviously they knew he was going to be a short term character, and so they had his "dark past" built in there. I wasn't particularly a fan of that story line, but I thought that the character could have been a good fit with the team....

I think that the show should survive well without Gil. I think, on the whole, the show is a lot less dependent upon Gil for success than some other shows (for instance, NCIS would crumble without Mark Harmon, IMHO). I think this show will live and die with the chemistry of "the team".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.