DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Godfather
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UGH! This has to be the most poorly written show on television. I gave up on it last year but did watch the season finale HOPING that Horatio would finally get knocked off (knowing it wouldn't happen)

So premiere kicks in tonight and in first 2 min its obvious what is going on. And of course it just goes downhill from there. Overacting - far reaching plots - I mean, an old buddy meets H and just turns over $10mil (and that had to be the worst two people acting in a scene EVER!). Just after that I had to turn it off and just delete the season pass for the year.

Good thing there is still LV and NY!

(edit - sorry, date in topic should be 9/22. Just looked at computer date and didn't think about it being just after midnight)

FIXED. :)

· Godfather
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
sorry, just hit me the final scene I watched:

Oh, I am sure we can take this criminal kingpin out of jail with nothing happening so people will think he's an informer and then I know he will talk to us.

What - a couple of guys are in our way with submachineguns shooting at an armored car! Oh look, that car just caught on fire and the poor lady isn't quite sure how to unbuckle her seatbelt and open her door. Guess I need to leave this criminal as I am sure he won't go anywhere (anyway, the other cop is in backseat).

Cop in back seat - Oh, my partner is heroic in saving that woman who isn't sure how to operate a door handle. I think I should get out and leave this criminal here (oh, I will tell him to stay put). I am sure he won't go anywhere!

Oh no - the criminal escaped - how could that happen - who saw that coming!

I thought the writers ended their strike.....

· Icon
748 Posts
Ric said:
An old buddy meets H and just turns over $10mil (and that had to be the worst two people acting in a scene EVER!).
There's no way that there was $10 million in cash in that suitcase. $10 million would be 1000 bricks of $100 dollar bills.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
Ric said:
UGH! This has to be the most poorly written show on television. I gave up on it last year but did watch the season finale HOPING that Horatio would finally get knocked off (knowing it wouldn't happen)
I had my hunches from the onset as to where things were going and hoping I was wrong. For a while there, I thought I was watching some Teenagers project for Drama club.

Ric said:
So premiere kicks in tonight and in first 2 min its obvious what is going on. And of course it just goes downhill from there. Overacting - far reaching plots - I mean, an old buddy meets H and just turns over $10mil (and that had to be the worst two people acting in a scene EVER!). Just after that I had to turn it off and just delete the season pass for the year.

Good thing there is still LV and NY!
Overacting? You are being quite generous. It was Another show I had to wonder why producers would choose Emily Procter to be on this show. This woman can not act. I'm sorry but my 5-year old can do a better job delivering lines then Emily Procter did (especially in the opening scenes)

I kind of thought it was funny that $10 million seemed to fit very nicely in the little briefcase. My first thought was someone screwed up their lines and said 10 million when it was actually suppose to be 1 million.

I will agree with you those had to be worst two people acting in a scene ever but that is only because the scenes with Ryan, Eric and Calleigh had 3 people in it who could not act.

Producers could do all of us a favor at the end of this season and blow-up Police HQ with the entire cast inside. Spare us from another 'season premiere' as awful as this one.

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
Last night was the first time I watched the show in a year and we laughed out loud at the terrible writing.

Some of my favorite things:

- The whole scene with the criminal in the passenger seat. I loved how a car just happened to hit a police car a gang kingpin was able to walk out.

- When Eric went to meet "H" in the parking garage. When he calls out "H!" and Horatio suddenly appears from behind the Hummer. H can now teleport!

- H was supposed to be dead, but he actually goes to the police station? (I figured SOMEONE had to have seen him but then I remembered that H has special powers.)

- Final scene where H has the standoff with the bullet guy. The boat explodes while H is about 10 feet away but it suddenly seems as though H is 100 feet away.

· Hall Of Fame
1,437 Posts
For all the reasons that you mention...is what makes CSI: Miami so enjoyable. :)

Just FYI, none of these shows have much if any basis in reality, remember, its TV drama, not a police documentary.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
ebaltz said:
For all the reasons that you mention...is what makes CSI: Miami so enjoyable. :)

Just FYI, none of these shows have much if any basis in reality, remember, its TV drama, not a police documentary.
As you state it is suppose to be a TV Drama! Lat nights episode should have be classified as a documentary (In how not to write a TV show).

If you ever doubted that CSI:Miami had already 'jumped the shark', last nights episode should have confirmed that it not only 'jumped the shark' but an entire ocean full of sharks.

· Godfather
441 Posts
[UGH! This has to be the most poorly written show on television. I gave up on it last year but did watch the season finale HOPING that Horatio would finally get knocked off (knowing it wouldn't happen)

I agree it was a joke.If that is the best the wrighters can do no wonder they had to strike for more money with that weak of wrighting for a season opener.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Yeah, but this premier pulled 50% more live viewers than Heroes or Boston Legal according to the Nielsen overnights. So unless it has a precipitous drop over the next two weeks, it'll be around cluttering up the schedule.

· Godfather
441 Posts
phrelin said:
Yeah, but this premier pulled 50% more live viewers than Heroes or Boston Legal according to the Nielsen overnights. So unless it has a precipitous drop over the next two weeks, it'll be around cluttering up the schedule.
I like the show and so do alot of other people that is why the good rateings.But it was still a let down for a top show with a season opener like that.

· Hall Of Fame
7,184 Posts
phrelin said:
If the rest of the season stinks as bad as last night, I do not think it will take long for the show to be shown the door.

· Godfather
353 Posts
I've been watching CSI-Miami ever since it started. It's not that great a show but since I am watching MNF, I turn on one of the other TVs and watch CSI. The first year or so it stuck pretty close to the 'normal' CSI format. Then it started to change. It should be classified as parody instead of drama.

None of the 'police drama' shows are anywhere close to real life - time lines are greatly condensed. What takes a police department months or maybe years in real life is done in just a few seconds on these types of shows. So one has to accept a lot of 'poetic license' and suspend common sense to get through most of these shows.

All that being said, CSI-Miami has to be the worst of this genre to still be in production. The fact that it outdrew its competition says a lot about the competition. I wouldn't watch Boston Legal on a bet and gave up on Heroes after two episodes.

· Godfather
347 Posts
the only good movie emily proctor was in was "Breast Men". At least she showed the goods.

· Registered
2,210 Posts
was it me or do their crime lab computer system get a major upgrade?

i know Miami was always a little more far fetched than the other 2 CSI's, but this is putting it way out there. heck even NCIS doesn't have that kind of computer system running in Abby's lab.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.