DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Godfather
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded CSI on MPEG 4 while recording channel 231. I was actually watching CSI and playing with pause, replay, etc while recording both shows. After they were done recording the show on 231 was fine, I could watch it and had all the normal functions. BUT, I could play and watch CSI but could not FF, REW, or do any of the normal functions. I had to watch it as if I had no DVR!!! :eek2: So, I am glad I was actually watching it, but now am worried about future recordings on MPEG 4. I ended up deleting CSI

I just got the unit yesterday and it loaded up with yesterdays software.

· Registered
5,952 Posts
ITrot said:
I recorded CSI on MPEG 4 while recording channel 231. I was actually watching CSI and playing with pause, replay, etc while recording both shows. After they were done recording the show on 231 was fine, I could watch it and had all the normal functions. BUT, I could play and watch CSI but could not FF, REW, or do any of the normal functions. I had to watch it as if I had no DVR!!! :eek2: So, I am glad I was actually watching it, but now am worried about future recordings on MPEG 4. I ended up deleting CSI

I just got the unit yesterday and it loaded up with yesterdays software.
It's a known issue with the software and should be updated at the next download, probably sometime next week (just a guess). Read the first message in the sticky thread 0xDC issues and you will see it mentioned as a known issue before the update was even released. They felt it was most important to fix the lost recording problem (which they seem to have), and do the FF/REW stuff on MPEG-4 on the next release.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.