DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Legend
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I find out when we might be getting CSN in HD for the Baltimore area? I like to think I've been really patient so far, but now I'm starting to get more than a little irritated that DC has had the same channel in HD for months now and we're still waiting. Any idea when we might get it? Why didn't we get it when DC did? Not like it's that far away. And again - SAME channel! lol

· AllStar
83 Posts
I think I remember a post and threads on this a while back. We are receiving CSN HD with no problem here in Northern VA. I was temporarily disconnected while moving residences when the RSNs went to HD(around Labor Day I thnk) and only found out about the RSNs being in HD after reading about it in this forum. I had manually punched in channel 629(after being disconnected) and the Caps game wasn't in HD, I thought that was kind of strange since I had read via this site that the RSNs had went HD, was just playing with my remote and hit the channel selector expecting to go to channel 630( after being on Channel 629), to my surprise when the channel changed it I got "another" channel 629 and the broadcast was CSN HD, so I have 2 channel 629's one in HD and one SD. Am sure you have discovered this but just trying to help. Why technically is Baltimore gettting the RSN in SD and DC/Northern VA getting the signal in HD?

· Legend
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
racemanva said:
Why technically is Baltimore gettting the RSN in SD and DC/Northern VA getting the signal in HD?
My best guess is that they don't have the HD version included in the Baltimore spot beam, but they DO include it in the DC spot beam, and that's why you're lucky enough to get it in Northern VA. :) Especially now that hockey season is well under way, I'd REALLY love to see my Caps games in HD when everyone else can. But I can't seem to find out why we're not getting the HD version and when we might be included in the CSN HD goodness along with the DC people.

Hockey in SD = Lame.

· AllStar
83 Posts
Picture quality isn't bad either, the Maryland/Winthrop College BB game last night looked pretty good, maybe not quite up to ESPN HD quality but certainly acceptable. Sure hope you guys in the Baltimore area get what you are paying for soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.