DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,990 Posts
It is until the data stream and refresh all the pixels on the screen.

I notice it even on the Tonight Show.

It seems to happen when a station (OTA) has subchannels and broadcasts 1080i.

On CSNBA it's probably because of bit starving.

·
Legend
137 Posts
CSNBA HD sometimes looks great and sometimes looks awful (Sunday's and Monday's Giants games both looked awful). It's got to be a difference in bit rate. I've written to Dish Network about this but have yet to receive an answer. I will post their response if I get anything worth posting.

Bob

·
Legend
137 Posts
Heard back from Dish. They acknowledged the problem and indicated it's software related. They also indicated that they are actively working on a resolution. This seems a bit vague but would seem to indicate that it's something other than the channel being bit starved due to bandwidth limitations.

Bob

·
Godfather
483 Posts
bobl said:
Heard back from Dish. They acknowledged the problem and indicated it's software related. They also indicated that they are actively working on a resolution. This seems a bit vague but would seem to indicate that it's something other than the channel being bit starved due to bandwidth limitations.

Bob
No, it IS the bit-starving... the solution is to increase bandwidth or more likely try to improve the decoders so it isn't AS poor.

Don't expect this to go away anytime soon though.

·
Legend
137 Posts
It's looked much better for the last two Giants games. Not quite perfect but the very obvious blocking/bluriness during fast motion (particularly the fast moving Comcast graphics) seems to be nearly gone. Hope it lasts and gets even better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.