DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Cubs game tonight is broadcast locally on Ch 26, The U, which DirecTV doesnt have have in HD yet (or ever). It's also in HD on ESPN, but blacked out locally. Didn't DTV used to give us the ESPN feed for games that were also on the U so we could watch in HD instead of crappy standard def!?!

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No OTA for me...I'm in NW Indiana and didn't want to deal with putting the antenna on the roof for basically 1 or 2 channels and the indoor options didn't work too well from down here...

Any idea if when the new dish goes live in mid August if WCIU will be added to the Chicago HD Locals?

·
Icon
578 Posts
Steve615 said:
Still in rain delay.Wrigley Field was evacuated for tornado warnings in the area.
Well - at least I didn't miss anything. Blacked out in Des Moines - like we would be driving to Chicago...to see the game.:nono2:

·
Hall Of Fame
1,214 Posts
jasonp5 said:
No OTA for me...I'm in NW Indiana and didn't want to deal with putting the antenna on the roof for basically 1 or 2 channels and the indoor options didn't work too well from down here...

Any idea if when the new dish goes live in mid August if WCIU will be added to the Chicago HD Locals?
it didnt matter anyway. the cubs choked to a bad team at home on national tv, and on top of that there was a long rain delay.

·
Godfather
458 Posts
I don't know that losing a rain shortened game 2-0 to a team that has been on a roll, while nursing a 5 game lead in July constitutes "choking".

But hey, in Akron you are either a Reds or an Indians fan, so you don't have much going for you in your baseball world :)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,214 Posts
bakerfall said:
I don't know that losing a rain shortened game 2-0 to a team that has been on a roll, while nursing a 5 game lead in July constitutes "choking".

But hey, in Akron you are either a Reds or an Indians fan, so you don't have much going for you in your baseball world :)
lmao...indians...no and right now milwaukee is finding out that CC is a choke artist as well...game 6, at home, trip to world series all set up vs. boston....he showed how much of a big game performer he was...i dont think he made it past the third inning...good luck with him brewers..lol..i STILL dont know how he won the cy young with guys like josh beckett around...

and baker, why do you think i signed up for MLB EI for the rest of the season? because the indians are the only free thing to watch..LOL...and btw i like the cubs and hate the white sox.

·
Legend
124 Posts
By the way I'm in the Cubs market and the game wasn't blacked out. It should only be blacked out if it's available on other local network.

If the game is broadcast on CSN Chicago as well, I'm always blacked out on ESPN.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.