DBSTalk Forum banner

Curiosity Landing Coverage?

6K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  dpeters11 
#1 ·
Does anyone know which stations, besides the Nasa Channel, are going to do live coverage of Curiosity's landing on Mars tonight? I was hoping to find an HD station what was covering it.

#12 ·
Nasa TV HD is just showing slides and people talking about BS. So far, the only place I have seen anything is a news clip on CNN, and streaming on the net.

No wonder no one is interested in this stuff anymore.

For those interested, they moved NASA TV HD again. Now its on AMC18 105W 3760MHz 28068Ks Vertical SID:101 V:274 A:277

#14 ·
Davenlr said:
No wonder no one is interested in this stuff anymore.
Other way around. Nobody's interested so there's no coverage.

Just another way to waste tax money. People have REAL things to worry about.

#16 ·
"SayWhat?" said:
Other way around. Nobody's interested so there's no coverage.

Just another way to waste tax money. People have REAL things to worry about.
There are bigger wastes than the space program. It's not like the money can be moved to social programs and make a difference. Humans are explorers, we can't stop exploring in multiple fields and stop expanding our knowledge. We did that in the dark ages. Didn't really help.

#17 ·
well put Dpeters.. we have gained alot from the space program over the decades...what have we gotten from welfare but those holdint there hands out that want us to work for them...this does not inclue the truly needy but just the lazy ones

#20 ·
MrDad0330 said:
Also, nothing is in the guide to indicate all of this...apparently last minute scheduling
Yeah, I wish NASA would have given the networks more advance notice of this thing happening. :rolleyes:

Watching the HD feed with the sides cut off is pretty bad ... especially when the graphics are not framed for 4x3. :(

#23 ·
Watching the Nasa Channel's coverage and they don't have the aspect right. I've run through all of the various format options on my tv and HDDVR (Directv) and the right and left sides are being cut off. Overall, not a big deal. Still, wish they could get it right.

And, by the way, here's a big thumbs up for space exploration!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.