DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AllStar
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Directv standard. I bought 2 HDTV's for christmas. I would like to add HD to my programming. Are their any current deals for current customers?

Thanks

·
1*
10,289 Posts
enigma96 said:
I currently have Directv standard. I bought 2 HDTV's for christmas. I would like to add HD to my programming. Are their any current deals for current customers?

Thanks
You will need to call up and ask. You can also check on-line and see what the computer system will offer you to upgrade two receivers to HD.

In any case, you will need a tech to come out and replace your dish as you will need a new dish for HD service. HD service does cost $10/month, but if you sign up for AutoPay, you can get that $10 fee credited back each month. When upgrading to HD, in addition to the cost of the new receivers, you might have to pay anything from $0 to $100 for the upgrade. In many cases, the upgrade and new dish are free, but you sometimes have to pay $50 for the tech visit.

- Merg

·
Legend
143 Posts
The Merg said:
You will need to call up and ask. You can also check on-line and see what the computer system will offer you to upgrade two receivers to HD.

In any case, you will need a tech to come out and replace your dish as you will need a new dish for HD service. HD service does cost $10/month, but if you sign up for AutoPay, you can get that $10 fee credited back each month. When upgrading to HD, in addition to the cost of the new receivers, you might have to pay anything from $0 to $100 for the upgrade. In many cases, the upgrade and new dish are free, but you sometimes have to pay $50 for the tech visit.

- Merg
How do you get this deal? I've been enrolled in auto-pay by credit card forever, does it have to be auto-pay from your checking account?

·
1*
10,289 Posts
TAK3210 said:
How do you get this deal? I've been enrolled in auto-pay by credit card forever, does it have to be auto-pay from your checking account?
Don't believe so. Just AutoPay.

Call in and state that you would like to get the HD credit since you have AutoPay. For current customers, they say it will only be for 2 years, but most expect that it will be extended once the 2 years are up. Some people have had to play CSR roulette though to find a CSR that knows about the credit for current customers.

- Merg

·
Legend
143 Posts
The Merg said:
Don't believe so. Just AutoPay.

Call in and state that you would like to get the HD credit since you have AutoPay. For current customers, they say it will only be for 2 years, but most expect that it will be extended once the 2 years are up. Some people have had to play CSR roulette though to find a CSR that knows about the credit for current customers.

- Merg
OK, thanks. When did they start doing this?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.