DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to sign up with E* next week and I wanted to see what people thought were the best current deals. My optimal setup would be 2 HD DVRs, one standard definition DVR, and one SD receiver. I could get by with only one HD DVR for a while if necessary. If so, I would need a non DVR HD receiver. I had service with E* ab 2 years ago, but my roommate never has, so we should be able to get any new customer deals. Any suggestions, or is the price pretty much the same whoever you book through?

Now I just have to grin and bear it when it comes to the SD PQ. :mad:

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also hs anyone had any luck getting them to shave any money off the $200 upgrade fee for the 622? It seems they would since D* will give it to a lot of people for free.

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
If it were, then I would think DirecTV wouldn't give it away and Dish wouldn't be able to charge for theirs.

Personally, I have no recent DirecTV experience... but I like Dish and I like my new ViP622 so far (just got mine this weekend).

I thought a lot of people with HR20s had been posting of problems... moreso than the ViP622 posts of problems (though there are many)... and last I knew the OTA tuner in the HR20 wasn't enabled, but I may be behind the times on that info and maybe it is enabled by now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.